Tennessee exodus | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee exodus

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What exodus from Tennessee? Mimi Collins, Evina Westbrook, Zaay Green, Jaz Massengill. Collins and Westbrook were last year, Green and Massengill this year. Has anyone else left recently? I guess overall that is a mass exodus, but I thought maybe there was another one. Ever the optimist I guess LOL...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hey Eric,did you hear the same rumor that i did that Zaay said that she agrees with Kermit that "It isn't easy being Green?":)
1586654584353.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
  • Two-time first team All-American for Chad Harrison at Scott Central High School in Forest, Miss.
  • Five-star prospect rated No. 24 in the nation, No. 7 guard, by ESPN/HoopGurlz and No. 6 in Full Court’s Fresh 50.
  • Selected MaxPreps First Team All-American following her junior and senior seasons.
  • Earned Parade All-America honors after her record-setting senior campaign.
  • Named to the SchollyMe All-World Game in Irvine, Calif.
  • Scored 5,745 points in her career.
  • Second in NFHS history with 5,172 points, first when counting her eighth-grade point total.
  • Smashed former Bulldog Mary Kathryn Govero’s state record by 700 points.
  • Led the nation with a 46.2 scoring average as a senior, bettering her own state record and ranking fifth in national high school records.
  • Tallied 1,617 points as a senior, best in state history regardless of gender, and 1,470 as a junior, the third- and fifth-most in national high school records.
  • Ranks second in NFHS history with 1,862 field goals her freshman through senior seasons.
  • Mississippi’s Miss Basketball her final two seasons.
  • Four-time all-state selection.
  • Led Scott Central to the state Class 2A finals as a senior.
  • Added 14.3 rebounds per game in addition to her nation’s-best scoring clip.
  • Scored 68 points against Newton in the south state semifinals, tying the girls state record.
  • Named Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Classic MVP after scoring a record 36 points in leading Mississippi to a 95-89 win.
  • Selected Mississippi’s Gatorade Player of the Year following her senior and sophomore campaigns.
  • Earned the state’s Miss Basketball honor after a junior season that saw her rank second in the nation with 39.7 ppg and lead Scott Central to the state’s Class 2A crown.
  • Named to the Mississippi Association of Coaches All-Star Game prior to her senior year, scoring 23 points to earn MVP honors.
  • Also won the state title during a freshman season that saw her score at a 24.7 clip.
  • Named state tournament MVP after leading Scott Central to the two crowns.
  • Also led the nation in scoring as a sophomore, averaging 37.0 ppg.

The stats you have listed are very impressive. Some of us don't need stats to recognize "talent" when we see it. Vivians is a very talented player. She passes the "eye test". For most of us, THAT's the only stat we need. Not everyone is blessed with the "gift" of discernment. Some professional coaches and GM's have it, some don't.
Bill Parcells and Bill Walsh had it. Bill Belichick has it. Jerry West has it. He saw the latent greatness and talent in Kobe Bryant when he was in high school, and traded for him. He could see how good Kobe could be 5-10 years down the road.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how a thread about "UT exodus" became a Vivians thread but thanks for sharing those stats. "Queen Victoria" will always be a Mississippi State hero and state legend even if she never plays another second of basketball.

The fact is players just transfer at higher rates now than ever and it won't likely slow down. I think Bibby was leaving even if Vic stayed and I don't think she will be the only one of the regulars who leaves with this change. Westbrook was likely leaving as well no matter who the coach was after Holly. Zay Green and Massengail caught me off guard for sure given their positions in the program but few, few programs will keep them all around after a coaching change.

I've said before and will again, I don't think Harper was a bad hire given how none the top coaches were leaving their current situations to come to rebuild UT. Was it an excellent hire? Debatable. With Vic leaving UT has a chance if healthy to get back to another level in the SEC but getting ahead of Dawn with her talent and acumen will be tough. UT must continue to focus on winning those winnable games again this year and try to remind the country the LVs still have the resources, support, history, and fanbase that all but a few programs would envy. If Harper can get at least one top flight recruit to come to Knoxville from the upcoming class it would go a long way to getting their name back out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom