Tennessee exodus | The Boneyard

Tennessee exodus

Reaction Score
I went over there earlier and saw a thread about how their fans were happy they didn't try to hire Vic Schaefer

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I went over there earlier and saw a thread about how their fans were happy they didn't try to hire Vic Schaefer

:rolleyes:
Well Vic would have been a great hire for them..... But they are still caught up in the Pat Summit halo.... how she was perfect and everyone going forth must be like her.... must be female..... must have played for her.... must by definition be Tenn grad... even though Pat was Tennessee-Martin.....

Vic is male yes, but he has proven that he can take lemons and make lemonade..... the good freshman he had this year was the very first McDonalds All American ever to come to Starkville.... ya and how about getting people to come to Starkville....

I think, personally, that UT is not intent on vying for top in WCBB, it is content with merely being competitive.... several points to buttress this.... one of which is that they did not do a full blown search to replace either Pat or Holly.

Reaction Score
Well Vic would have been a great hire for them..... But they are still caught up in the Pat Summit halo.... how she was perfect and everyone going forth must be like her.... must be female..... must have played for her.... must by definition be Tenn grad... even though Pat was Tennessee-Martin.....

Vic is male yes, but he has proven that he can take lemons and make lemonade..... the good freshman he had this year was the very first McDonalds All American ever to come to Starkville.... ya and how about getting people to come to Starkville....
Good point!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes McGowan, Victoria Vivians... and others were all developed by him and his staff...

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I also think Vivians was his first Top 25 Girls recruit. She didn't earn McDonald's but was close.

Reaction Score
There's NO THREAD dedicated to how happy the LV fan were in not hiring Vic Schaefer on Vol Nation.....Shame on you for that falsehood...

Some fans wanted Vic, others did not, and that is the facts....When Geno steps down, this board will have the same discussions of who they want to hire.....

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I also think Vivians was his first Top 25 Girls recruit. She didn't earn McDonald's but was close.
Vivians scored something like 5,000 points from 7th grade through 12th grade.

Reaction Score
Vivians scored something like 5,000 points from 7th grade through 12th grade.

• Two-time first team All-American for Chad Harrison at Scott Central High School in Forest, Miss.
  • Five-star prospect rated No. 24 in the nation, No. 7 guard, by ESPN/HoopGurlz and No. 6 in Full Court’s Fresh 50.
  • Selected MaxPreps First Team All-American following her junior and senior seasons.
  • Earned Parade All-America honors after her record-setting senior campaign.
  • Named to the SchollyMe All-World Game in Irvine, Calif.
  • Scored 5,745 points in her career.
  • Second in NFHS history with 5,172 points, first when counting her eighth-grade point total.
  • Smashed former Bulldog Mary Kathryn Govero’s state record by 700 points.
  • Led the nation with a 46.2 scoring average as a senior, bettering her own state record and ranking fifth in national high school records.
  • Tallied 1,617 points as a senior, best in state history regardless of gender, and 1,470 as a junior, the third- and fifth-most in national high school records.
  • Ranks second in NFHS history with 1,862 field goals her freshman through senior seasons.
  • Mississippi’s Miss Basketball her final two seasons.
  • Four-time all-state selection.
  • Led Scott Central to the state Class 2A finals as a senior.
  • Added 14.3 rebounds per game in addition to her nation’s-best scoring clip.
  • Scored 68 points against Newton in the south state semifinals, tying the girls state record.
  • Named Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Classic MVP after scoring a record 36 points in leading Mississippi to a 95-89 win.
  • Selected Mississippi’s Gatorade Player of the Year following her senior and sophomore campaigns.
  • Earned the state’s Miss Basketball honor after a junior season that saw her rank second in the nation with 39.7 ppg and lead Scott Central to the state’s Class 2A crown.
  • Named to the Mississippi Association of Coaches All-Star Game prior to her senior year, scoring 23 points to earn MVP honors.
  • Also won the state title during a freshman season that saw her score at a 24.7 clip.
  • Named state tournament MVP after leading Scott Central to the two crowns.
  • Also led the nation in scoring as a sophomore, averaging 37.0 ppg.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
  • Two-time first team All-American for Chad Harrison at Scott Central High School in Forest, Miss.
  • Five-star prospect rated No. 24 in the nation, No. 7 guard, by ESPN/HoopGurlz and No. 6 in Full Court’s Fresh 50.
  • Selected MaxPreps First Team All-American following her junior and senior seasons.
  • Earned Parade All-America honors after her record-setting senior campaign.
  • Named to the SchollyMe All-World Game in Irvine, Calif.
  • Scored 5,745 points in her career.
  • Second in NFHS history with 5,172 points, first when counting her eighth-grade point total.
  • Smashed former Bulldog Mary Kathryn Govero’s state record by 700 points.
  • Led the nation with a 46.2 scoring average as a senior, bettering her own state record and ranking fifth in national high school records.
  • Tallied 1,617 points as a senior, best in state history regardless of gender, and 1,470 as a junior, the third- and fifth-most in national high school records.
  • Ranks second in NFHS history with 1,862 field goals her freshman through senior seasons.
  • Mississippi’s Miss Basketball her final two seasons.
  • Four-time all-state selection.
  • Led Scott Central to the state Class 2A finals as a senior.
  • Added 14.3 rebounds per game in addition to her nation’s-best scoring clip.
  • Scored 68 points against Newton in the south state semifinals, tying the girls state record.
  • Named Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Classic MVP after scoring a record 36 points in leading Mississippi to a 95-89 win.
  • Selected Mississippi’s Gatorade Player of the Year following her senior and sophomore campaigns.
  • Earned the state’s Miss Basketball honor after a junior season that saw her rank second in the nation with 39.7 ppg and lead Scott Central to the state’s Class 2A crown.
  • Named to the Mississippi Association of Coaches All-Star Game prior to her senior year, scoring 23 points to earn MVP honors.
  • Also won the state title during a freshman season that saw her score at a 24.7 clip.
  • Named state tournament MVP after leading Scott Central to the two crowns.
  • Also led the nation in scoring as a sophomore, averaging 37.0 ppg.
That's an insanely impressive resume! 46 ppg sounds like Maravich!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
very surprised that VV was not a McDonald's All-American. Her and Teira formed an unbelievable inside-out game with some spot 3's from Blair. I honestly do not know if Vic will have that kind of fortune again, his recruiting of Rickea aside.

Reaction Score
very surprised that VV was not a McDonald's All-American. Her and Teira formed an unbelievable inside-out game with some spot 3's from Blair. I honestly do not know if Vic will have that kind of fortune again, his recruiting of Rickea aside.

One thing i liked about Vivians is that she came to play every night.... very seldom did I see her have a bad night Her effort was great

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
One thing i liked about Vivians is that she came to play every night.... very seldom did I see her have a bad night Her effort was great
Mmm, I really liked her too but as I recall, she was benched during the Senior Year OOC for not hustling on defense over few different games...Vic had to send a message and the message was received, so she learned, however that sort of disputes your narrative.

Reaction Score
Mmm, I really liked her too but as I recall, she was benched during the Senior Year OOC for not hustling on defense over few different games...Vic had to send a message and the message was received, so she learned, however that sort of disputes your narrative.

Yes i saw her only a handful of times (less than 10) so I will defer to you on this one.... nonetheless an impressive player.... Vic did quite well in Starkville..... and I am sure he will continue in Austin....

Reaction Score
Speaking of Tenn, does anyone know whether Nikki McCray's name was ever in conversation during the new coach search after Holly? One year apart from new head coach hires, at Tenn and Miss St, should make an interesting comparison between Kellie and Nikki as they go forward.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Speaking of Tenn, does anyone know whether Nikki McCray's name was ever in conversation during the new coach search after Holly? One year apart from new head coach hires, at Tenn and Miss St, should make an interesting comparison between Kellie and Nikki as they go forward.
No discussion really as Nikki only had 2 years of coaching at that point and Kellie was having that awesome run with Mizzou State plus 2 other head coaching gigs. I was just glad they didn't fall for the Nikki Caldwell overbloated resume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom