Tennessee beats Texas in ot | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee beats Texas in ot

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Horston is kinda a strange player. She has outings like this and then totally "huh what?" type games.

Reaction Score
I liked the way Harper handled the team. She made some very good adjustments on defense that seemed to confuse Texas.

I got really tired just watching Vic coach.

I saw that Holly was there to see how a Tennessee team should be coached.

Reaction Score
So Texas exploits Tennessee's propensity to turn the ball over and gets up 83 shots! Problem is Texas only made 26 of them! LOL

I swear Vic wears down his own players.

Warren should maybe think about her future.
Hopefully Lattimore realizes going to Texas was a mistake and transfers to Duke to join Day Wilson.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Lattimore realizes going to Texas was a mistake and transfers to Duke to join Day Wilson.
Disagree. I'm not a Lattimore fan but the separation from Day-Wilson will benefit her in the long run. Yes, they're a great tandem, however Day-Wilson has been able to show she can play without her. Lattimore needs to show she doesn't need a specific guard to set her up all the time.

Also, Lattimore is still recovering from her ACL injury. We've seen it with other players like Amihere that it takes some time to get back to themselves. It's only been a few months at Texas. Too soon to call it a bad decision.

From what I've seen so far with her time on the court, I doubt she'd see the floor at Duke based on how Coach Lawson is playing her bigs. If a player like Nyah Green isn't seeing the floor and she's been training there since last year, how do you see Lattimore being immediately inserted into the rotation?

Reaction Score
Disagree. I'm not a Lattimore fan but the separation from Day-Wilson will benefit her in the long run. Yes, they're a great tandem, however Day-Wilson has been able to show she can play without her. Lattimore needs to show she doesn't need a specific guard to set her up all the time.

Also, Lattimore is still recovering from her ACL injury. We've seen it with other players like Amihere that it takes some time to get back to themselves. It's only been a few months at Texas. Too soon to call it a bad decision.

From what I've seen so far with her time on the court, I doubt she'd see the floor at Duke based on how Coach Lawson is playing her bigs. If a player like Nyah Green isn't seeing the floor and she's been training there since last year, how do you see Lattimore being immediately inserted into the rotation?
Just don't feel Vic is the right type of coach for her skill set. She is a power forward, who can handle, shoot, and run the floor. Vic has his bigs playing inside, and limits their ability to develope all around games.

Reaction Score
Just don't feel Vic is the right type of coach for her skill set. She is a power forward, who can handle, shoot, and run the floor. Vic has his bigs playing inside, and limits their ability to develope all around games.
I'm not sure about that just yet, especially if you're going to consider her as a power forward. She has to learn how to be physical.

While she can handle and shoot, she needs to be able to battle for rebounds and handle contact. That was sometimes her weakness when facing more physical players when I watched her develop throughout her high school career. She didn't like/handle it well. If Vic can't help toughen her up, then I don't know who will.

Edit - take the game versus SEMO a while back. For 22 minutes of play, she had 0 rebounds in that game. I don't know too many PF who would have that as a stat line, especially against a team that isn't as strong as Texas is. Doesn't matter which conference, that isn't going to cut it for a lot of coaches.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Horston is kinda a strange player. She has outings like this and then totally "huh what?" type games.
Actually, not sure Horston ever had such an impactful game. I am curious if she turned a corner

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom