Tennessee - Auburn | The Boneyard

Tennessee - Auburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
27 all, 4 minutes to go, nothing special. Tennessee shooting 29% according to Mickey

Reaction Score
Not sure who started 1st half, but for 2nd half it's Massengale - Simmons - Manning - Stricklen - Glory. (So, Baugh & Spani not starting.)

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
40-31 Tennessee now. Too ugly to keep me from watching NFL, not ugly enough for Auburn to pull off the upset, I think.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Spani is out. She's still having issues with the bone bruise on her knee from the UVA game. Manning replaced Baugh in the lineup after the Stanford game.

Reaction Score
Spani is out. She's still having issues with the bone bruise on her knee from the UVA game. Manning replaced Baugh in the lineup after the Stanford game.

Thanks for update.
Didnt realize Spani was out - a big loss.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
No prob...she's listed day-to-day so I don't expect her to be gone too long. She's been held out since the break though as the only treatment for the bruise is rest. I wouldn't be surprised to see her miss this 3-game stretch.

She is a key player for us, but we should be able to take care of these games without her.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
No prob...she's listed day-to-day so I don't expect her to be gone too long. She's been held out since the break though as the only treatment for the bruise is rest. I wouldn't be surprised to see her miss this 3-game stretch.

She is a key player for us, but we should be able to take care of these games without her.
She hurt her knew in the Virginia game, 8 games ago. Any thoughts on why they brought her back before she was ready?

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
It's a bruise. She was able to play on it, just not at 100%. Anytime she wasn't on the court she was on crutches trying to rest it.

The holiday break provided a good opportunity to give her an extended rest.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
It's a bruise. She was able to play on it, just not at 100%. Anytime she wasn't on the court she was on crutches trying to rest it.

The holiday break provided a good opportunity to give her an extended rest.
Looks like they now have decided to rest her until it's 100%.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee could sit half their starters and this is still a game they should win by at least 25-30. Auburn is 8-5 with recent losses to Marist and Florida International. i realize tennessee pulled away late-ish in the 2nd half and will probably win by about 20, but a 2 point half time lead is pretty bad. that's the equivalent of UCONN having a 2 point half time lead over USF or Cinci.

Reaction Score

I agree. She is a key player. In fact, in the games I have seen she seems to be the most improved player on the team.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Another halftime speech game? Seems to happen a lot.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tennessee could sit half their starters and this is still a game they should win by at least 25-30. Auburn is 8-5 with recent losses to Marist and Florida International. i realize tennessee pulled away late-ish in the 2nd half and will probably win by about 20, but a 2 point half time lead is pretty bad. that's the equivalent of UCONN having a 2 point half time lead over USF or Cinci.

Maybe they are channeling their inner Patriots.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Yeah I think it's a smart move too.

She looked amazing in our early games this year, and if she can get back to that, she will add a special dimension to our team.

She can help us more at 100% or close to after sitting out a while then she can in these games at less than 100%.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
She can help us more at 100% or close to after sitting out a while then she can in these games at less than 100%.

I am always pleased when I can find, um, 100% agreement with a fine visiting LadyVols fan, because that 100% agreement is more cordial than any agreement that is less than 100%.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
There is a general pattern throughout Woman's BB, especially noticeable this season, for teams to not play at their accustomed level when their opponents are far beneath that ability. This disease is not unknown in Storrs, Waco, Knoxville, South Bend et al.

Reaction Score
There are problems with this team<as they moved up 2 spots to #6 in the AP Poll!> In the next few weeks it will be interesting to see how they do after Chatanooga 1/3 at home! In the next 24 days after that they play GA#16 at home 1/5,@Ark 1/8,@Kentucky# 11 1/12,Vandibilt#24 1/15 at home,LSU 1/19 at home,@ND#3 1/23,@AL 1/26,@GA#16 1/29. We will have a very clear picture
by then. This should be very interesting:eek:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There are problems with this team<as they moved up 2 spots to #6 in the AP Poll!> In the next few weeks it will be interesting to see how they do after Chatanooga 1/3 at home! In the next 24 days after that they play GA#16 at home 1/5,@Ark 1/8,@Kentucky# 11 1/12,Vandibilt#24 1/15 at home,LSU 1/19 at home,@ND#3 1/23,@AL 1/26,@GA#16 1/29. We will have a very clear picture by then. This should be very interesting:eek:
i'm not so sure the picture will be that clear. while i'm not impressed with tennessee this year, i'm less impressed with Kentucky and far less impressed with LSU, Vandy or Georgia.

Georgia has 1 good win (generally speaking) over USC. they lost to Georgetown (no shame there) and Gonzaga. Vandy always seems to hover around the top 25 and did beat Oklahoma this year, but their "lone" loss was to NC State. LSU has a good win early over Georgetown, but losses to OSU, Tulane and Northwestern. i think Tulane is pretty decent, but putting up 43 points vs. Northwestern is unimpressive...

i think the SEC is really pretty bad overall and the fact that tennessee may well go 16-0 in conference play doesn't speak as much to tennessee's strength as much as it does to the weakness of the rest of the conference, IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom