Tennessee @ Arkansas (22) - 2/20/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Arkansas (22) - 2/20/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Idk the bubble landscape well, but per Plebe it seems like they're on the right side of it for now. No awful losses but no good wins either.

Tennessee has some really talented players but Kellie has players taking on roles they're just not ready for yet. Key and Horston in a perfect world come off the bench 15-20 minutes a night. Likely wouldve happened had Collins/Westbrook stayed. I do think they're better than they were a year ago but they have a long way to go if they'll move up the SEC ranks. The SEC looks tough though. The strong teams this year (SC, Mississippi State, A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas) all bring back their top players next season so they arent going to benefit from other squads getting weaker.

Reaction Score
I'm not saying anything new here, turnovers have been the Achilles Heel of the Lady Vols. This years team is actually worse than last years version. Through 26 games this season they are averaging 17.42/gm (yeah I know seems more). Last year it was a "respectful" 15.90/gm.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Depends who you ask. @Plebe likely says no, while @Gamecockfan77 says yes :D :rolleyes:

All three sharp shooters Ramirez, Tolofree and Dungee are fun to watch. TN looked good in the first few minutes but they just started shooting some tough outside shots, Ramirez had that beautiful mid range game going and TN seemed to lose defensive intensity pretty fast.

Only their goofy (Animal Kingdom coach :rolleyes:) gets on my nerves.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
83-75 Arkansas. Final.

tenor.gif

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I'm not saying anything new here, turnovers have been the Achilles Heel of the Lady Vols. This years team is actually worse than last years version. Through 26 games this season they are averaging 17.42/gm (yeah I know seems more). Last year it was a "respectful" 15.90/gm.
Well they did lose their starting point guard to a transfer and they are still a very young team that does not have a lot of players who have played together, plus their 2nd best player who would help at the guard is out for the year. Add in a new coach, new philosophy and that's a lot of change for a team. Sometimes you need to take a step back to take 3 steps forward. The building blocks seem to be there with Davis, Burrell, Massengale, Key and Green plus Hortson. Winning the WNIT this year would be a good launching pad for them...:D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Depends who you ask. @Plebe likely says no, while @Gamecockfan77 says yes :D :rolleyes:
I never said they weren't fun to watch. I've only said they were overrated, bad at rebounding, and play poor defense. Which I still stand by. Troy is also fun to watch, but it doesn't make them a top 25 team :rolleyes:

The thing is, you have to play smarter than a tree stump. Kentucky and Tennessee didn't.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Did anyone other than me think Dungee looked a little overweight and slow? She looked trimmer and quicker last season. Regardless, she is a very good player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom