Tennessee: and, the numbers don't lie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tennessee: and, the numbers don't lie

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I expect to still see Irwin for the first 3 or 4 minutes in games as it lets the team settle down.

Yeah, I've been thinking that most of the year. This is just what he did with Caroline Doty after her mobility was greatly impaired.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Speaking of Aubrey, Geno said, "What can she do? She can screen and rebound and they weren't guarding her. Which meant that when she set a screen there was no one to switch and we got open shots.

That's brilliant. Presumably that's why he gets the big bucks. . .

Reaction Score
If Aubrey were playing more minutes do you really think they wouldn’t be 17-1?
that's not the point. it's what she might be able to add ,come March, with more minutes now.

Reaction Score
that's not the point. it's what she might be able to add ,come March, with more minutes now.
I see a gradual build up. Increasing her minutes in a game as her overall play improves, pulling her when youthful mistakes hurt might hurt team and her confidence and then coaching her on bench and the following practice. I have coached hundreds of girls and the trick is teaching fundamentals and building confidence to match skills. In high school, I suspect the coaching may have come down to, “Go win us the game, kid.” There are plenty of games to get her ready. I realize that some of you think she was there on day one. I had parents like that. They were usually wrong. Coaches with a thousand plus victories whose players can be found on almost every WNBA team who see the players everyday, who pour over hours of film, just might know more. And coaches with a thousand wins don’t keep players on the bench who can get them the thousand and one win. But I am glad to see you champion here. Great kid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom