Tennessee (22) @ Kentucky (13) - 1/05/20 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee (22) @ Kentucky (13) - 1/05/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'll refrain from snark and simply applaud your indefatigable optimism.

I guess the question is what is really good? S16, E8, FF4?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard is a great player for Kentucky. She's Originally from Cleveland Tn, 75 Miles from Knoxville. How did the Lady Vols let her escape to Kentucky. She played like an All American today.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard is a great player for Kentucky. She's Originally from Cleveland Tn, 75 Miles from Knoxville. How did the Lady Vols let her escape to Kentucky. She played like an All American today.

Howard really came into her own last few years of high school, Tenn was late to the game and Tenn got Davis in prior class. Tenn offered but Howard was looking at other schools.

Few stats that jump out: Tenn only got 5 more rebounds, 41-36. Tenn had 21 TO that lead to 28 KY points. KY had 13 3s.

Shocked Tenn only lost by 4, both teams are overrated.

Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 5.08.43 PM.png

Reaction Score
I think Tennessee will be really good come tournament time.

I think Tennessee has talent (Davis, Horston, Burrell) but I don't see the pieces exactly as a whole for a great team this year. Y'all will make the NCAAT and will give teams fit with your size but I think Harper has her work cut out for her. She needs more players and more time for her system than this one year.

I see overall better instruction than Holly but they still as a whole play extremely reckless and traits that plagued Tennessee through Holly's era are still showing its ugly head this season. That is going to take time to clean up. Tennessee suffered a lot of big losses from last years team (transfers, graduation and injury).

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Not the prettiest game but really impressed with Howard today. Great comeback showing by Kentucky after laying an egg against SC.

Howard when she is on and aggressive is as dangerous a matchup as there is WCBB. Big 6-2 guard with great handles, quickness and range. Might be the best pro prospect of the 2022 class.

I think Tennessee is a year away from being really good. Horston is one of the most unique players WCBB has seen in quite some time but needs a lot of polishing. Her size, vision and passing are tremendous. Once she settles down more and plays within herself she'll be a star. Elements of her game remind me of Magic Johnson with her somewhat wild but eye popping plays. Davis will be a senior next year, Key has so much potential as a mobile 6-6 center with long arms and good touch inside. Good shot blocker too. Biggest concern for me is TOs.....Tennessee was always a high turnover team under Pat/Holly and my fear is we will see more of the same under Harper.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Tennessee has talent (Davis, Horston, Burrell) but I don't see the pieces exactly as a whole for a great team this year. Y'all will make the NCAAT and will give teams fit with your size but I think Harper has her work cut out for her. She needs more players and more time for her system than this one year.

I see overall better instruction than Holly but they still as a whole play extremely reckless and traits that plagued Tennessee through Holly's era are still showing its ugly head this season. That is going to take time to clean up. Tennessee suffered a lot of big losses from last years team (transfers, graduation and injury).
Don't forget about Key. Now my comment was about this team being better. I think there has been improvment. Not saying they will the NC. The team's Harper has coached got better.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Why?
A talented but young team. The team needed some experience. With Horston and Key starting. As they get get better so will the team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom