Tenn wins clarke battle | The Boneyard

Tenn wins clarke battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I would strongly disagree that we need multiple Chris Clarke threads on the board.
Some people are in the middle of work and can't check out threads constantly. This thread lets them succinctly know what happened. It's the price I'm willing to pay. I'd rather have fellow Boneyarders be informed and take my lumps about bad news.

Reaction Score
This is why no one should ever care what the "crystal balls" say. They were 82% on Clarke to Virginia Tech.

The CB's are far from perfect, but you're going with one data point here. Even moreso, 82% isn't 100%.

Reaction Score
I would strongly disagree that we need multiple Chris Clarke threads on the board.

One of them clearly states the result of the recruiting battle while the other has tons and tons of pages you'd have to wade through.

Reaction Score
I usually stop following threads that go on for hundreds of posts and sometimes degenerate into name-calling. I appreciate a separate thread stating the outcome of a recruiting battle. Just my opinion.
Agreed, the threads dedicated to the kids are a complete clusterf*&k

Reaction Score
i also usually stop following threads, that have a lot of posts.
rather someone just make a new 1, with what the kid decided.

when i saw the new Diamond Stone thread today....
i thought he committed and got really excited :(

Reaction Score
I appreciated the new thread. I drive all over the state and trying to get to the last page, hoping for info, while doing 70 on 84 or 95 sucks...

Reaction Score
I don't think Tenn beat anybody, he just wanted to go there. The only draw there is the women's hoop team. It's an odd commit and one that I think he'll regret it. If it were VT, it would have made more sense, the acc and new coach buzz, but I wish him well.

Reaction Score
This is a commit totally based on playing time and how Clarke wants to be used. He is an immediate "go to" player on a rebuilding project at Tennessee. Cuonzo Martin was not the strongest recruiter, but what he did bring to UT left when he left. They scraped the bottom of the bucket to fill the roster. At least initially, Clarke is a role player at UConn, fighting for PT and likely never a primary offensive option. He is a #1 recruit at Tennessee. Some want the individual spotlight in lieu of team championships. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
ans to trivia: Robert Taylor came from intramurals in 69-70 season to star on varsity of dee rowes club which won yank conf title after beating uri in famous slow down tilt. He was 6-5 jumpin jack with huge afro who could sky with dr j and taylor averaged 10pts and 9 boards that season in 23 games.

in archives he is listed on '71 club but never played ever again. What the heck happened to him? can anyone shed light on this mystery? thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom