Tenn wins clarke battle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tenn wins clarke battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think Tenn beat anybody, he just wanted to go there. The only draw there is the women's hoop team. It's an odd commit and one that I think he'll regret it. If it were VT, it would have made more sense, the acc and new coach buzz, but I wish him well.

Honestly, Tyndall might be legit.

pj

Reaction Score
If he prefers individual stats and playing time to team success, then we don't want him; and it appears he does. It also appears that KO and company may have figured that out on his official visit, thus the offer to Tevin Mack immediately after and an apparent de-emphasis of Clarke's recruitment.

Things work out for a reason and I think we're going to be fine, whether it's with Mack, a spring recruit, or an open scholarship saved for 2016.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If he prefers individual stats and playing time to team success, then we don't want him; and it appears he does. It also appears that KO and company may have figured that out on his official visit, thus the offer to Tevin Mack immediately after and an apparent de-emphasis of Clarke's recruitment.

Things work out for a reason and I think we're going to be fine, whether it's with Mack, a spring recruit, or an open scholarship saved for 2016.
I think that assessment might be a little harsh. He may prefer to be a starter or a player who will play significant minutes his first season vs. being a bench warmer. But this preference tells us nothing about his attitude towards team play. He can still be a team player who sacrifices his personal numbers by doing all the little things a coach asks. Advocating for oneself isn't necessarily egocentric. Sometimes it's just plain smart.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the commentary on 'why' he chose TN. Always good to summarize before move on.

Reaction Score
I usually stop following threads that go on for hundreds of posts and sometimes degenerate into name-calling. I appreciate a separate thread stating the outcome of a recruiting battle. Just my opinion.
I agree, I stop following the long threads. Too much he may go here or there. I love pizza.. I just want info not conversation.. because its all speculation. Give me the facts! He showed up for his visit, scrimmaged with fellas, looked great. Exit interview if possible. Thats enough !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom