Tenn vs Syracuse | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tenn vs Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It over Tenn 57-55. Syr missed 4 threes trying to win.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And the LV are still undefeated! I wonder if they will still be #4.

Reaction Score
57-55 and the fans are acting like this puts them into the final four. Maybe this is their final four?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who is acting like this puts them in the final four? Fans cheering at a game is going to happen no matter how big of win it is.

This team has played awful in the last two games. I will continue to believe we will be much better as the season goes on but the absolutely terrible shooting this team is displaying is worrisome. Maybe we should back to a 6 player roster?

Syracuse has some fun guards to watch and loved to see Sykes back on the court after injury woes the last two years.

Thank the lord we have a guard in Cooper that is going to actually try to make plays.

Frustrated LV fan here.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well I guess you could argue that it's early and TENN has a lot of new pieces to absorb but, wow. #4 in another close one against a "so-so" team. And don't say "They're ranked #25". Syracuse looks very mediocre. In WCBB there's a massive difference between #25 and the top 5. (Usually)

Reaction Score
I witness greatness... a final for team! Not today, it was 11/16 when UConn destroyed Ohio State.

Reaction Score
Thank the lord we have a guard in Cooper that is going to actually try to make plays.

Frustrated LV fan here.
I'm really impressed with Cooper's athleticism - awesome what she will be in 1-2-3 years.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Let's face it, if you want a team to see where the 'bar' is, its not TN

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who is acting like this puts them in the final four? Fans cheering at a game is going to happen no matter how big of win it is.

This team has played awful in the last two games. I will continue to believe we will be much better as the season goes on but the absolutely terrible shooting this team is displaying is worrisome. Maybe we should back to a 6 player roster?

Syracuse has some fun guards to watch and loved to see Sykes back on the court after injury woes the last two years.

Frustrated LV fan here.
IMO you need to sit Diamond down until she is fully healthy-however long it takes. HS and Freshmen DD was a graceful explosive athlete.

Tonight's DD could barely get off the floor.

Reaction Score
IMO you need to sit Diamond down until she is fully healthy-however long it takes. HS and Freshmen DD was a graceful explosive athlete.

DD is not fully healthy, that is obvious. The question is, what is the prognosis ? She's been rehabbing for what seems like forever. She seemed less mobile in this game than the previous one against Penn State. It seems as though her health is headed in the wrong direction. Maybe sitting out until the NCAA's is the prudent choice.

Reaction Score

Totally agree that DD should take a rest. It must be too much pressure in her shoulder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diamond needs reps at the same time needing to rest. I wouldn't be surprised to sit out Albany, ETSU and maybe WSU.

Positives so far have been Russell, Graves and Cooper and Middleton has been a surprisingly pesky defender. JJ, sans the turnover at the end of the game, actually played well tonight.

Overall, this team lacks cohesiveness and there a lot of factors to blame.

Tennessee is far away from their potential and I'm glad that for once we have a long home stand to soften the effects of lacking a cohesive unit. We would be 1-2 if we had played on the road.

Reaction Score
What are they coaching down there? Even though it is early in the season and the kinks need to be worked out..... Syracuse is not a juggernaut!!!! I am not a big believer in TN coaching acumen.....

I am happy though for Mercedes, who seems to have recovered from foot surgery on both feet... tough to come back from and she has shown well

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
We look much worse than last year thus far which I thought would be hard to do. Mercedes and Bashaara look good and Cooper has shown flashes of being good but she isn't consistent with her shot. Everyone else has sucked it up. DD obviously isn't fully healthy so maybe she gets a pass. I dunno what to think other than I'm frustrated. Turrible, I say, turrible.

Reaction Score
We look much worse than last year thus far which I thought would be hard to do. Mercedes and Bashaara look good and Cooper has shown flashes of being good but she isn't consistent with her shot. Everyone else has sucked it up. DD obviously isn't fully healthy so maybe she gets a pass. I dunno what to think other than I'm frustrated. Turrible, I say, turrible.
This is the first time I saw Russel play, does she have any range outside 5 feet? That isn't a sarcastic question.... I am curious to know.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Well I guess you could argue that it's early and TENN has a lot of new pieces to absorb but, wow. #4 in another close one against a "so-so" team. And don't say "They're ranked #25". Syracuse looks very mediocre. In WCBB there's a massive difference between #25 and the top 5. (Usually)

I think it's changing this year....#6 FSU just lost to Florida, #4 Tennessee has had two close calls, #5 Baylor nearly lost to USF, #7 Ohio State lost by 44 to UCONN (UCONN normally dominates top 10 competition but not by 44, on the road no less). It's a more open field this year. But that said, Tennessee's is looking rough. Makes sense after losing 3 senior starters. I think they'll challenge for the SEC title if Diamond gets healthy.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This is the first time I saw Russel play, does she have any range outside 5 feet? That isn't a sarcastic question.... I am curious to know.

Not that I've seen. She's a big physical 6-6 post and the way Tennessee uses her there isn't really any need for a mid ranger or perimeter jumpshot at this point in her career. Same with Brianna Turner at Notre Dame, but I know Turner played a lot on the wing in AAU and probably has a better perimeter game than we've seen, since last year she rarely took a shot out of the paint.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score

No clue. Never seen her try to take a shot outside the paint. Maybe she should try...can't be any worse than our guards have been the past 2 games.

Reaction Score
Bballnut90 Oh how so true bout the 3 seniors who left..... those people in the know at the end of last year predicted the tough time TN would have without them.....

You know i just thought...... I will be interested to get Margo's take on the whole situation..... I love that woman's spirit.....!!!

Reaction Score
The harsh reality is that Tennessee needs a new coach.

Reaction Score
Tenn will be fine. Prob more so in the next two years they will be one of the teams to beat. This year good but elite eight is their ceiling. I think if Cooper continues to improve, she will win national player of the year before she graduates. Coaching and staying hungry and the skys the limit for her. I can imagine how good she would be with Geno...WOW. One other thing I notice about most, not all of these other all American level players is that they arent in as good shape as the uconn girls and its usually the difference. Example was Mitchell Ohio state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom