Tenn fans or just fans of Tenn.....there's a difference | The Boneyard

Tenn fans or just fans of Tenn.....there's a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
3 Female Adult Women decided to boo me while I was walking to me Seat in Philips Arena. One said to me while pointing, "boo UConn, Tenn rules." the others says, "take that Shirt off, Pat owns Geno." The last lady in particular said,"yall can keep your 5 Rings, we have 8." Right before I was about to give them a piece of my Mind, I realized that we dont have 5 Titles. I looked at them and continued to my seat because it was pointless to even debate with them. If you're a Tenn fan, there is no way you don't know UConn has 7 Titles. So today I met 3 fans of Tenn, but I wished they were Tenn fans...theres a difference :p

Reaction Score
Good on ya for taking the high road! Not sure I would have been able to keep my big trap shut!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry ... in National Championships ... "Who owns whom???" .... that was their rationale? .. Gimme those drugs!
Seton Freakin' Hall is tied w/ TN in beating us in National Championship games!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
3 Female Adult Women decided to boo me while I was walking to me Seat in Philips Arena. One said to me while pointing, "boo UConn, Tenn rules." the others says, "take that Shirt off, Pat owns Geno." The last lady in particular said,"yall can keep your 5 Rings, we have 8." Right before I was about to give them a piece of my Mind, I realized that we dont have 5 Titles. I looked at them and continued to my seat because it was pointless to even debate with them. If you're a Tenn fan, there is no way you don't know UConn has 7 Titles. So today I met 3 fans of Tenn, but I wished they were Tenn fans...theres a difference :p

Ah they were just having fun. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Once again I recall what my dad taught me about "Pig Rasslin'": "It ain't worth doin', cuz the pig enjoys it so much and besides, even when you win, you gotta get all muddy. It just ain't worth doin'."

Reaction Score
Once again I recall what my dad taught me about "Pig Rasslin'": "It ain't worth doin', cuz the pig enjoys it so much and besides, even when you win, you gotta get all muddy. It just ain't worth doin'."
I saw them walking to their Vehicle at the end of the game and I told them that UConn has 7 and not 5. The one with the Glasses said, "when did they get the last 2?" At that point, my case was rested, I just smiled and walked away.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The high road is better, and remember that they cannot be representatives of all fans of Tennessee. I have to hold out belief that there are fine people who support Tennessee and do not support the rancid hatred of UConn that we see from some.

Reaction Score
The high road is better, and remember that they cannot be representatives of all fans of Tennessee. I have to hold out belief that there are fine people who support Tennessee and do not support the rancid hatred of UConn that we see from some.
I agree, I've met some GREAT Tenn fans.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I think getting all muddy is one of the perks. (And a happy pig makes good bacon. ;))

Reaction Score
Husky Luv should be grateful that the bunch she ran into don't read the newspapers or the insults could've been much worse.

Reaction Score
Good on ya for taking the high road! Not sure I would have been able to keep my big trap shut!
I agree badonkadonk buddy. I too would have trouble remaining mute. Just the sight of the Halloween costume would set my gums a flappin'.

Reaction Score

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes I think there will be fans on both sides. That will always not like the other fans base. There are some fans that get along also.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Husky Luv should be grateful that the bunch she ran into don't read the newspapers or the insults could've been much worse.
To me it was bad that she thought UConn had 5 Titles, the Geno insults wouldnt have hurt as much because it hasn't been proven. 7 Titles are written in Stone

Reaction Score
For some reason this story sounds made up. Any basketball fan knows Uconn has 7 titles. There is no way that isn't a known fact, especially to someone attending a basketball game, which would imply that they follow the game. This sounds like someone seeking attention. :rolleyes: Good Day!

Reaction Score
Yes I think there will be fans on both sides. That will always not like the other fans base. There are some fans that get along also.

Actually I'm good friends with a Tennessee Fan that posts on The Summitt and the ESPN Board and lives in Texas.

Reaction Score
I used to post on the summitt, but I got tired of trying to bring up a basketball discussion, and getting attacked. And it usually IS just one or two, but it just gets old. I lived in Tennessee for 12 years, and have a lot of friends and colleagues who attended/support UT, but frankly, for the summitteers on here, it makes you all (all y'all) look bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom