Ten toes in | The Boneyard

Ten toes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

i like how this video claims uconn is family, apparently not to AO or smith. i don't usually bash AO on this site but the fact this video was made the year before AO and smith transferd is funny to me

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bump...I love UConn basketball and Kevin Ollie

i'm in high school and if i was a big time BB recruit if KO offered me id commit within the day. that guys a crazy good motivator every kid who talks to him is going to be impressed trust me. that's why i think we got DH so early, all he had to do is visit KOs house and whenhe sat down and talked with him it was a done deal. expect a lot more recruits like Hamilton going forward cause KO makes kids 10 toes in. #WEREDOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
9 toes in if Enosch doesn't come back.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
9 toes in if Enosch doesn't come back.
Um, no.

I like Enosch and I hope he comes back. I think he'd be a meaningful contributor on a team that has a lot of potential but not a lot of margin, especially in the post. But life is choices and choices have consequence. Enosch made a made a bad choice and that choice had the consequence of costing him his scholarship. Now he has another choice in front of him. Stay or go, its up to him and I wish well regardless of what he chooses. Regardless of his choice, 10 toes in is the motto of Kevin Ollie's Huskies. For those who choose to be here, they know that that choice comes with a commitment, to live up to KO's standards on the court, in the classroom, and in your life for so long as you are a part of the team, and hopefully after as well. That's what 10 toes in means. If you are a Husky you give your best and can expect it from your teammates and from your coaches. Not an easy standard, but excellence is never easy.

Reaction Score
Um, no.

I like Enosch and I hope he comes back. I think he'd be a meaningful contributor on a team that has a lot of potential but not a lot of margin, especially in the post. But life is choices and choices have consequence. Enosch made a made a bad choice and that choice had the consequence of costing him his scholarship. Now he has another choice in front of him. Stay or go, its up to him and I wish well regardless of what he choses. Regardless of his choice, 10 toes in is the motto of Kevin Ollie's Huskies. For those who choose to be here, they know that that choice comes with a commitment, to live up to KO's standards on the court, in the classroom, and in your life for so long as you are a part of the team, and hopefully after as well. That's what 10 toes in means. If you are a Husky you give your best and can expect it from your teammates and from your coaches. Not an easy standard, but excellence is never easy.

Isn't Wolf a toe that was chopped off?

Reaction Score
Plenty of kids got second chances for lesser events. Ten toes in should be the same for everyone.
Was this coach, AD, and Pres in charge when those lesser events happened? When the next player goes into a female's room, doesn't leave when asked, puts his hands on them, yet keeps their scholarship, then you can complain about Wolf not getting a fair shake. Hopefully Wolf's ordeal can serve as a shining example so guys know better next time instead of acting a fool. You guys are embarrasing yourselves with this 'Wolf is a martyr' routine.

Reaction Score
Was this coach, AD, and Pres in charge when those lesser events happened? When the next player goes into a female's room, doesn't leave when asked, puts his hands on them, yet keeps their scholarship, then you can complain about Wolf not getting a fair shake. Hopefully Wolf's ordeal can serve as a shining example so guys know better next time instead of acting a fool. You guys are embarrasing yourselves with this 'Wolf is a martyr' routine.

I think we are all embarrassing ourselves trying to interpret something we know little about. No one but EW and his girl (maybe a witness) know exactly what happened prior to the cops coming into the room. We do know he didn't leave when asked to and that was a definite mistake in judgement by the young man. Hoe much his "hands were on her" we can only speculate therefore I will not judge him by that act without knowing the facts. What I will say is Palatine is right and so is aceboon is some respect but how much we may never know.

What I will say is I do trust the new regime to be setting the proper examples and unfortunately for EW he may be the 1st in line. I hope he comes back and finishes his career as a Husky because the last thing I know, no matter how much time he gets the team will be better with him on it rather than not!

Reaction Score
We all know the type of high character guy Ollie is, and I'm confident Wolf got a fair shake. I would like Wolf to come back because I think he can help our team (particularly up front), but I'm not losing any sleep over it. We don't know the full details like the administration does

Reaction Score

The charges were dropped. No other student would be treated this way. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

This toe was amputated.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The charges were dropped. No other student would be treated this way. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

This toe was amputated.
No other student on full athletic scholarship? How do you know? This is the first such incident with the new coach and new administration. This may be exactly what you can expect going forward. Other students aren't on athletic scholarship so the comparison is moot. However, Wolff is free to return to school as I suspect any other student would be so my guess is he was treated just like any other student in a similar situation from a university perspective

Reaction Score

This toe was amputated.

"Charges were dropped" doesn't mean he didn't do anything, and last I checked he was free to return to school and the team, just without a scholarship. Where was this angst, anger, and bleeding heart when Sticks had his scholarship taken away? From all accounts he lost his scholarship because he fell behind on his academics, and based on JC's comments he needed a lil time away from basketball to get his mind together. I don't recall you(or any other like-minded posters) ranting and raving back then, and Sticks didn't embarrass the school and get the basketball program back in the news for all the wrong reasons.

Reaction Score
I believe KO is teaching logical consequences, something that everyone needs to learn in order to be a responsible adult.

Reaction Score
What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I hate when people say this. It's like complaining about "free speech" when someone gets fined by their employer for something they say. (I bet you're one of the ones saying that too.)

What does "innocent until proven guilty" have to do with playing on a basketball team or keeping your scholarship? I'll answer for you: zero.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Plenty of kids got second chances for lesser events. Ten toes in should be the same for everyone.
For Ollie? Who did something worse that getting into a physical altercation with a girl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom