Ten Steps To Next Year | The Boneyard

Ten Steps To Next Year

Reaction Score
1. First, get real. Acknowledge that KO is our once and future coach.
2. Acknowledge that KO is not a teaching coach; he is an enabling coach.
3. Therefore, encourage kids who aren't ready to contribute to look elsewhere.
Come spring, execute an old-fashioned, Calhoun-style spring purge -- the sort of relo
that sent Jamaal Trice and Darius Smith to more suitable venues. Yes, this could
mean a one-time hit on our APR. Absorb it. Move on.
4. Get real with Alterique. Tell him it's not about hobbling through this lost season. It's about
next year's championship. Get the shoulder fixed.
5. Get real with Jalen and Terry. Tell them they aren't remotely pro-ready. Tell them they need
to work their arses off this year and come back next year -- and win us a championship.
6. Hire Neils Giffey to put every wing man through the same 3-point drill that transformed him
into Herr Daggerschutze in the summer of 2013.
7. Excuse Mamadou from the drill until he makes 50 consecutive free throws.
8. Explain to Josh Carlton that his job is to screen, pick-and-roll, rebound and outlet, and if he can't
do it, Mr. Kisunas would love the opportunity. Refer him to Step #3.
9. Use a freed scholarship to get the meanest JUCO alpha-dog in the junkyard.
10. Use 2017-18 for one purpose -- to develop possibility for next season -- to make 2018-19
another annus mirabilis in UConn basketball history.

Reaction Score
The last purge went oh so well..... there are not better players out there that are wanting to come here currently.

So if our head coach is not a teaching coach.....

Lots of flaws here. This post actually makes me happier KO is at the helm.

Reaction Score
Where is Jalen going?

Pro whether you think he is ready or not is besides the point. He is gone, will end up in the G league or overseas but he aint coming back.

Reaction Score
Jalen and Terry aren’t even remotely NBA ready. I would advise them to both get their degrees before starting hopefully lucrative overseas careers. I just hope they decide to play a little defense at some point while they’re still here.

Reaction Score
Jalen and Terry aren’t even remotely NBA ready. I would advise them to both get their degrees before starting hopefully lucrative overseas careers. I just hope they decide to play a little defense at some point while they’re still here.
Terry will have his degree. Jalen will probably be close.

Reaction Score
1. First, get real. Acknowledge that KO is our once and future coach.
2. Acknowledge that KO is not a teaching coach; he is an enabling coach.
3. Therefore, encourage kids who aren't ready to contribute to look elsewhere.
Come spring, execute an old-fashioned, Calhoun-style spring purge -- the sort of relo
that sent Jamaal Trice and Darius Smith to more suitable venues. Yes, this could
mean a one-time hit on our APR. Absorb it. Move on.
4. Get real with Alterique. Tell him it's not about hobbling through this lost season. It's about
next year's championship. Get the shoulder fixed.
5. Get real with Jalen and Terry. Tell them they aren't remotely pro-ready. Tell them they need
to work their arses off this year and come back next year -- and win us a championship.
6. Hire Neils Giffey to put every wing man through the same 3-point drill that transformed him
into Herr Daggerschutze in the summer of 2013.
7. Excuse Mamadou from the drill until he makes 50 consecutive free throws.
8. Explain to Josh Carlton that his job is to screen, pick-and-roll, rebound and outlet, and if he can't
do it, Mr. Kisunas would love the opportunity. Refer him to Step #3.
9. Use a freed scholarship to get the meanest JUCO alpha-dog in the junkyard.
10. Use 2017-18 for one purpose -- to develop possibility for next season -- to make 2018-19
another annus mirabilis in UConn basketball history.
funny, isn't that what essentially happened last year. you are providing nothing of substance but essentially saying rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
Criticisms noted. Perhaps if I deleted Steps 3, 4, 5 and 10? Also, I could review to eliminate garbage and add substance.

Reaction Score
Jalen has a chance to be drafted second round in the draft. He has an nba floater and has shown nice finishing ability. But it is probably still a long shot. However, if Jalen stays injury free he will definitely have a long, lucrative professional career in basketball somewhere.

Larrier is a different story, but this is his 4th year in college already, not including summer sessions. If he wants to go, no need to complain.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Where is Jalen going?

If the team doesn't make the NCAAs this year, would you want to come back to another year of this ?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Jalen has NBA scoring ability, and seems like the type of kid that doesn't want to spend another year in college basketball. As much as I or you think he should come back for his senior year, I highly doubt he thinks that.
You might be right. I would not be surprised if He thinks that way. When you announce your eligibility you can find out what the NBA thinks of you before you hire an agent. Unless of course you want to play overseas and develop over there without college life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom