Temple winning by 30 | The Boneyard

Temple winning by 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
nice win for the conference. They've been far and few this year, but that's a really nice one.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Yea Temple isnt bad from most of what I have seen so far this season. But 30 on Kansas is really impressive. Kansas couldnt hit a shot all game.. They recruit so well but im not a fan of their coaching...

Reaction Score
Even in Temple's best seasons in the Jon Cheney era that would have been a heckuva impressive win. Good for them.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Lets hope Temple is ranked when we play them and we can get a W

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Great win for the American. Now let's cheer on Tulane to beat #13 Washington on the road. 11 pm PAC12 Network.

Reaction Score
Hey and Tulsa blew out Incarnate Word (see Nebraska v. Incarnate Word)!

Reaction Score
Hey 2 good AAC things happened in one day.

That hasn't happened much lately.

Reaction Score
Saw the score and thought I was hallucinating a win but by 25 points. The 2 new guys are good. Tough game for us and a big game. Get to 7-4 and we could go on a nice run.

Reaction Score
For the geniuses who like to cite RPI in December, we have a chance for a top-30 win on New Year's Eve now.

Additionally, our own RPI increased by 34 spots (to 66) by going 1-1 in the last two games.

SMU is also currently in the top-50.

Reaction Score
Every quality win really does matter- every team in the top 60 matters ( no not top 6) not just for this season but moving forward as well.

This is like watching your cousin getting his first digits from a girl- no pay off yet but at least someone took notice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In some ways, this is the worst of both worlds. SMU and Temple don't do much in the non-conference, get some key pieces at the end of the first semester, and now are very tough teams in what will likely be a 1 or 2 bid league. Temple's win over Kansas may be enough to get an at large if they lose 5 or 6 conference games. Unless we beat Florida, we have no such luxury.

Reaction Score
Tulane hung right with #13 Washington on the road. Only lost by 9, but seemed to be relatively close throughout.

Reaction Score
In some ways, this is the worst of both worlds. SMU and Temple don't do much in the non-conference, get some key pieces at the end of the first semester, and now are very tough teams in what will likely be a 1 or 2 bid league. Temple's win over Kansas may be enough to get an at large if they lose 5 or 6 conference games. Unless we beat Florida, we have no such luxury.
Sadly, this may be true. Even more sad is this perfectly illustrates UConn's current fate. If Temple loses by 30, the AAC is awful and hurts UConn. Instead, Temple wins by a ton, gets the signature win they may need, and yet it still hurts UConn. I guess the question becomes what doesn't ever hurt UConn? I don't have the answer. Has anyone suggested we drop football and rejoin the Big East?

Reaction Score
Not sure how it hurts UConn. If the American becomes a 3-4 bid league instead of a 1-2 bid league, it gives UConn a chance at upping their profile in conference play. Temple now would be a quality win on New Years Eve. Would you rather they come in off a lose to Kansas so if UConn beat them the win didn't look good? I don't get it.

I agree that UConn is lacking that great win out of league. Temple has that. They have two chances at that with Florida and Stanford, although I don't know that Stanford would be a great win now with them struggling as well. I want Temple and SMU, and Cincy if they can turn it around to be good and have good RPIs. WE NEED QUALITY WINS, and you need quality opponents to get them.

Reaction Score
Temple's RPI up to 30 now.

5 teams in the Top 78. Not great by any means, but sadly it is improvement from 2 weeks ago

Reaction Score
I saw Florida recently and they are playing much better. It's going to be a tough one.

Reaction Score
Self is a terribly overrated coach
I really tend to disagree with this one. Year in and year out Self is one of the few coaches at a power program who tests his team in the OOC schedule. He is one a few who makes his teams go and play true road games. Gotta respect that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The point I am making is that Temple, SMU and tonight Houston are starting to play where we thought they would play before the season started. The same can probably be said of UConn. Unfortunately, SMU and Temple didn't get that 1 more quality win they needed, and Houston picked up some ugly losses. If Temple and SMU had played all season with the talent they have now, I think we all agree they would have picked up more wins and their RPI's would be a lot better. Once conference play starts, individual RPI's are going to drift down as teams play USF, UCF, Tulane, ECU and Houston. This league could end up with a lot of NIT teams.

Reaction Score
The point I am making is that Temple, SMU and tonight Houston are starting to play where we thought they would play before the season started. The same can probably be said of UConn. Unfortunately, SMU and Temple didn't get that 1 more quality win they needed, and Houston picked up some ugly losses. If Temple and SMU had played all season with the talent they have now, I think we all agree they would have picked up more wins and their RPI's would be a lot better. Once conference play starts, individual RPI's are going to drift down as teams play USF, UCF, Tulane, ECU and Houston. This league could end up with a lot of NIT teams.

Yup, I unfortunately agree. It looks like SMU and Temple are going to be top 25-35 teams without the corresponding OOC resume (granted, SMU and Temple are both top 50 right now, but those figures will go down when they start playing the dregs of the league).

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Watched the end of Stanford and Texas. What does that game do for us? Stanford did mot look that good offensively but they beat Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom