Temple start time? | The Boneyard

Temple start time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did I miss the announcement? Expecting noon but hoping for 8:00.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would be shocked if it wasn't Noon.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is this UConn's first 4:00 Saturday home start since they went D1A?

Reaction Score
BxlaOLdIAAAebiz.jpg

Reaction Score
Unusual start time. Figured noon for sure.

Good deal.

Reaction Score
Prefer noon or 7:00 pm but we will be there with our fellow Section 130 crazies looking forward to a big UConn win.

Reaction Score
4PM better for the students as well, hopefully, now just need a win Friday night to set this up.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
4PM better for the students as well, hopefully, now just need a win Friday night to set this up.

At this point, I didn't give a what is good for the students. They provide absolutely pathetic support to the team.

Reaction Score
I agree, not the best, at least we have stopped that on the PA system, but 4 should be better for start of game attendance by them.

Reaction Score
At this point, I didn't give a what is good for the students. They provide absolutely pathetic support to the team.

I'm a student and yes, it is embarrassing. But to be honest most students I know couldn't name more than 1 or 2 players on the football roster so it's not surprising to me that they don't turn out. I'm always telling my friends that this is the time that we need to support UConn football more than ever but they don't understand the big picture of college athletics. It's pretty frustrating but until we start winning again, the student section will probably be pretty weak. I know every BYer would despise this excuse but for the majority of students waking up around 8-9 am to go to a game where we will probably lose isn't very enticing. 4 pm SHOULD make the turn out slightly better and easier for tailgating. :cool:

Reactions: TKs

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I'm a student and yes, it is embarrassing. But to be honest most students I know couldn't name more than 1 or 2 players on the football roster so it's not surprising to me that they don't turn out. I'm always telling my friends that this is the time that we need to support UConn football more than ever but they don't understand the big picture of college athletics. It's pretty frustrating but until we start winning again, the student section will probably be pretty weak. I know every BYer would despise this excuse but for the majority of students waking up around 8-9 am to go to a game where we will probably lose isn't very enticing. 4 pm SHOULD make the turn out slightly better and easier for tailgating. :cool:

Appreciate your student support - too bad they are a bunch of front runners. They werent that way 10 years ago - the good old days.

If 8am is an issue then the Temple game should be zero issue - unless we lose Friday night -then its back to put winning product on field. They do know there is a thing called home field advantage - lets use it!

Keep up the good work and find more students like you - spread the word of the big picture - show old games where students beat on the padding and were extremely into game - help make the change.

Carry on!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

Nothing better than getting up early and getting some drinks and watching a game (that was how we did it 9 years ago when the student section was full the whole game). In two weeks the excuse will be, 'well it was Saturday night - we wanted to leave early and get the parties started.'

Reaction Score

It's not getting there. It's the mass exodus in the 3rd quarter of a tight game against BSU. IMO one of the poorest student showings I've ever seen at the Rent.

Reaction Score
4:00 Pm sounds Great!!! The sad part is Temple is now our new rivalry, man this AAC deal sucks.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
4:00 Pm sounds Great!!! The sad part is Temple is now our new rivalry, man this AAC deal sucks.

Today's bucket of cold water of reality. (Fishy would be proud)

When I read this....my first reaction was "that's not true....our rival in the AAC is...".....and I realized that Pete was right. The only thing worse than being a crappy team is being a crappy team in a crappy conference.

I have faith it will get better...but Pete's post is today's bucket of cold water of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom