Temple Postgame Press Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple Postgame Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Calling bs on this one. If they really wanted to replace Sherriffs after the Houston game and they couldn't get Williams in because he was hurt, they'd have gotten Anderson ready and put him in.

This comment makes me think Diaco just pulled a random mid season game out of his butt so he could pretend to look like he wasn't burning a red shirt at a time when the season was truly lost.

Reaction Score
Too bad we moved Tyler Davis to TE. This would have been a good time to bring him in.

Reaction Score
Things to shock a UCONN fan's central nervous system:

A hole for a running back to go through
Consistent pass protection
A pass on first down
A touchdown
A blitz on defense
Bump and run coverage from the corners

Any more suggestions to shock our system.....?

A runback on a punt. Not a fair catch...

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Didn't he also bring in Anderson from JUCO? So that's 4 QBs who have produced not much of anything.....

Reaction Score
BD has brought in 3 QB's now. Bryant, we've seen, Davis is a TE now, and Williams (jury still out).

Tough to feel great about his QB eval skills.

Williams is fine. The OL completely stopped trying. The players feel terrible about themselves. We all need to remember that this team was better and faster earlier in the year and coaching incompetence lost them games. With those losses came mounting pressure and fear. I still believe a good coach is 7-5, maybe 8-4 with this group. The backslide from Navy, Cuse, UVA and Cincy to today has been substantial.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bob's beginning to show some introspection.

Maybe he's reaching the acceptance/acknowledgment phase of grief (his coaching record).

Unfortunately good coaches do in 3 weeks what took BD 2 3/4 years.

Reaction Score
3 points in last 10 quarters

Lowest yardage- 160 yards -since move to FBS

How about this one - last time UConn didn't score a TD in back to back weeks appears to be 1977

Also had a 16-7 lead on UCF in the 2nd qtr two weeks ago (still 3-4 and playing reasonably competent) - since then have been collectively outscored 79-3.

Remember we all made fun of Rutgers losing 78-0 to Michigan? At least that was Michigan.

This has been a total team breakdown, not just offense. Red Pants can say what he wants but I believe the players have quit on him. Who can blame them? How do you keep believing in his system when you get the same results week after week?

Reaction Score
Bob's beginning to show some introspection.

Maybe he's reaching the acceptance/acknowledgment phase of grief (his coaching record).

Unfortunately good coaches do in 3 weeks what took BD 2 3/4 years.
Sadly the game program leaves out his career win/ loss record so the casual fan...not many of those, can see what he's done. But they make sure we know he coached the team in a bowl game, and they show the opposing coaches career record with no problems

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Williams is fine. The OL completely stopped trying. The players feel terrible about themselves. We all need to remember that this team was better and faster earlier in the year and coaching incompetence lost them games. With those losses came mounting pressure and fear. I still believe a good coach is 7-5, maybe 8-4 with this group. The backslide from Navy, Cuse, UVA and Cincy to today has been substantial.
One or two different play calls here or there against Navy, Cuse and UCF and we could well be 6-4 today. your above (bolded) statement is not wrong.

Reaction Score
Besides QB, not many players he signed are excelling on the field. Diggs and Peart are the best so far. His entire evaluation of players is up for debate not just QB.
Diggs has been very good. The jury is still out on Peart. He still makes a ton of mistakes, which he alluded to on the pregame show. I'll chalk that up to inexperience for now.

Reaction Score
Didn't he also bring in Anderson from JUCO? So that's 4 QBs who have produced not much of anything.....
To be fair, I don't think Anderson was brought in to ever be anything other than depth at QB. Also worth noting that without Anderson's trick play last season we may not have made a bowl game.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
To be fair, I don't think Anderson was brought in to ever be anything other than depth at QB. Also worth noting that without Anderson's trick play last season we may not have made a bowl game.
Agreed but then maybe he shouldn't be listed number two on the depth chart and then passed over to burn a redshirt.....

Reaction Score
Diggs has been very good. The jury is still out on Peart. He still makes a ton of mistakes, which he alluded to on the pregame show. I'll chalk that up to inexperience for now.
Aside from those 2, you got Ron Johnson and Ryan Crozier. Then your really reaching for the contributors he recruited.

Reaction Score
My translation: The kids no longer trust that the crap we tell them will work.

And quite frankly, they shouldn't. We complain on this board about the same plays and the same philosophies on a weekly basis. Then, we hear former coaches saying the same things on tv, confirming that WE are not the crazy ones. And the players are not stupid. They see that it's not working. What does Diaco expect them to do???

Central nervous system, my a#$...
Lmao. truth

Reaction Score
He wants to play. Of course he wants to play, but you're the coach. You have to make coaching decisions that benefit the team. burning the red shirt was pathetic and panicky from my viewpoint. Next year with a full training camp ould have him better prepared instead of just throwing him out there against one of the best defenses in football and saying "here kid..show us what you got". Instead of burning the red shirt Diaco should have burned his red pants.

Reaction Score
A little too late to put it on himself. What a total buffoon. After stealing millions, toying with the emotions of hundreds of thousands, at least, throwing players under the bus, he finally admits it's on him.

Words can never do justice for what Diaco has done. Hope he enjoys "karma". Arrogant POS.

Reaction Score
And remember when I compared Diaco to the PP era? Now we can debate over which was worse. At least PP lasted less than 3 seasons.

Teams/players had record games against us under Dicko.

Reaction Score
A little too late to put it on himself. What a total buffoon. After stealing millions, toying with the emotions of hundreds of thousands, at least, throwing players under the bus, he finally admits it's on him.

Words can never do justice for what Diaco has done. Hope he enjoys "karma". Arrogant POS.

Hundreds of thousands of people have emotions about UCONN football? That's news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom