Temple over Boise...why? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple over Boise...why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course if they go undefeated or are the top non-auto bid team they still go this year. It's not like it's a do this or else your out situation. Frankly going through the stripped down MWC this year (no Utah, BYU, TCU, etc) and going undefeated is an easier path than even a stripped down Big East.
True but they have Michigan state this year and Nevada got them before. They always seem to get jinxed. I thought they had tcu last year. They can win the big east with two or possibly three losses

Reaction Score
I agree. The Big East desperately needed Boise State for football relevance. So Boise agreed to join. Then when it needed Boise State to join quicker, the Big East was not willing to foot the penalty. And somehow that makes Boise State the bad guy?

Although not sure what the deal is with Temple. Seems like the Big East has given up on getting a Con-USA or MountainWest team early. They seem to like Temple as the MAC may be more friendly to a settlement. But, then you bring in yet another team. Is the assumption that Louisville is already gone?

And now, one day later, there are rumblings that Boise may be having second thoughts - just like I said when Marinatto and the hoops schools refused to pay the money to fund Boise's buy out. Genius !

Reaction Score
And now, one day later, there are rumblings that Boise may be having second thoughts - just like I said when Marinatto and the hoops schools refused to pay the money to fund Boise's buy out. Genius !
Ya, hearing that too. Heard it from the same place I heard that FSU and Clemson are having conversations with the B12, and WVU is joining the SEC.

Reaction Score
Ya, hearing that too. Heard it from the same place I heard that FSU and Clemson are having conversations with the B12, and WVU is joining the SEC.

Go take a look. It's from the San Diego State media, but the rumblings are out there.

Reaction Score
Go take a look. It's from the San Diego State media, but the rumblings are out there.
I know the rumblings are out there, I read them/heard them. Same places I read WVU to SEac, RU to B10, and ND to ACC - the media. It is possible, no doubt, but these rumblings were prompted primarily from a radio interview on a SD sports talk radio show, with a guest from Vegas who claimed Boise and SDSU could still walk away from the deal, and the "Alliance" tv deal is going to be better than wht they have today, and that if another team (UL) bolts from the BE the 2 FB onlies could very well back out. Nothing new in there at all. From what i read though they were not prompted by supposed quotes/leaks from either schools administration, nor from the always famous "inside source" . But thanks for bringing it to the board. We appreciate your genuine concern for UConn's well being and future.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

What would have been genius is if we paid for Boise State's buyout - then they left a year later - just like they had done before with the Mountain West. Aside from granting media grants, which we at UConn wouldn't have done, Boise State will be gone if they get a better offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom