Temple/Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple/Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nova kept attacking. Temple got it down to 11 or 12 a few times and you never saw them resort to stall ball.

Reaction Score
That loss still lingers with me. Yes, I know were solidly in the tournament but god damn we should've won that freaking game.

The sad part is that we may need to ask you to be more specific

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Solidly in the tournament? I don't think so. We are only a 10th seed right now and our conference is showing it sucks. We have to start beating some of these good teams or we are going to miss it again.

There's a difference between our actual standing in the real world and our "Boneyard at Red Alert" standing.

Reaction Score
Palm doesn't know what he's talking about.
Back when UCF was in first place of the AAC (through 5 or 6 games), they were the only AAC team in Palm's bracket. As a 16 seed. Dude is whacked.

Over on bracketmatrix.com, UConn is in 91 of 94 brackets.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Back when UCF was in first place of the AAC (through 5 or 6 games), they were the only AAC team in Palm's bracket. As a 16 seed. Dude is whacked.

And we are a consensus 8 seed there

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Get back to me if we drop 2 in the next 72 hours (which is entirely possible. a pessimist might say probable) We are in right now. But we have a razor thin margin. Thinner than I think many realize. Drop the next 2 and we are in serious peril.

Reaction Score
9 seed, which is solidly in the tournament as of right now
ESPN kept showing us as a 10 seed last night. Either way if we lose two more in the regular season we are going to be sweating unless we win the AAC tournament.

Reaction Score
Solidly in the tournament? You must be joking. Based on our conference and overall weak schedule, we may have to run the table to get in. The only game we may be able to lose is at SMU.

Reaction Score
Solidly in the tournament? You must be joking. Based on our conference and overall weak schedule, we may have to run the table to get in. The only game we may be able to lose is at SMU.
LMAO

Reaction Score
Get back to me if we drop 2 in the next 72 hours (which is entirely possible. a pessimist might say probable) We are in right now. But we have a razor thin margin. Thinner than I think many realize. Drop the next 2 and we are in serious peril.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

41bdlVpXCKL._SY300_.jpg

Reaction Score
Ok, now you are going to the other extreme than some of positive posters on the BY. We can lose 1 and be fine but two and a lost early in the AAC tournament will put is squarely on the bubble and I don't feel confident about our chances if that happens.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't have a ton of confidence that we are solidly in the tournament. Temple is a top AAC school and they just got run at home...of course it was against the #1 team, so tough to say how much it hurt.

Reaction Score
I don't have a ton of confidence that we are solidly in the tournament. Temple is a top AAC school and they just got run at home...of course it was against the #1 team, so tough to say how much it hurt.
I mean, was it at home? Those Philly schools don't really have a home court against one another.

Also, is Temple a top school from the NCAA's mind? Despite their wins, they might be fourth or fifth on the totem pole (putting SMU in there as well, even though I know they don't count).

Reaction Score
What does Temple's loss to Nova have anything to do with UConn? Temple is an 11 seed, UConn is a 9 seed in today bracket prediction, or according to Bracket Matrix UConn is an 8 seed.

Does PC not get in because Nova lost by 100 to Oklahoma?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
What does Temple's loss to Nova have anything to do with UConn? Temple is an 11 seed, UConn is a 9 seed in today bracket prediction, or according to Bracket Matrix UConn is an 8 seed.

Does PC not get in because Nova lost by 100 to Oklahoma?

It is not a 1 to 1 correlation.
You are speaking in Utopian absolutes. Not current landscape as it stands in today's realities. Read Larry Brown's comments from yesterday.
Villanova losing to Oklahoma early in the year doesnt make a blip on anyone's radar or drag down the Big East in perception or stature. That league is having a pretty decent year as much as I hate to admit it. Multiple teams in top 10 at times this year, etc.....

Temple getting housed while sitting at the top of the AAC this late in the year is a very bad look for a league that already is laughed out of every serious basketball discussion. I mean the other top 3 teams in the AAC cant beat Temple but Temple cant stay on the court with Nova? Fair or not its the way it is and we live in that world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom