Temple, how do we win? | The Boneyard

Temple, how do we win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Years ago at the Conn Mutual Classic in basketball we saw a team come in from our region that wasn't more talented but had great leadership, played harder and imposed their will on the Huskies resulting in anyone who was there thinking man I wish that guy was our head coach. Boy I hope we don't see a replay of that this Saturday as I don't see how we would get Addazio to leave where he is. It just was bad timing when Edsall left.
Watching the S Florida game Temple comes in playing with confidence and a refusal to lose. So the #1 thing we will need to win is attitude. If we don't have it this week then it's over, period.
Temple has 2 good RB's the BC transfer and #5 , a smaller tough player that reminded me of Caulley. They also have a QB who can run or throw which puts added pressure on our Defense. Last week our defense did so much right that it that it was impossible not to be proud of them. There were some missed plays that stood out however. On the only Rutgers TD drive Gratz dropped a sure pick and Willman missed a chance to tackle Jamison for a loss (head on the wrong side, a half step slow) on his 28 yard run. Blidi needs to tackle better and he admited that. We can't miss interception chances this week. Players need to play and tackle like the season is on the line because it is. If we give up more than 20 points it will be hard to win. A running QB will make this more difficult for the D than facing a pocket guy like Nova.
On offense we need to take advantage of Davis and in so doing open up the tight end and other wideouts. There should be throws for short gains(7-15 yds) that take advantage of his height and strength. The picks have to stop. Can we execute a screen pass? That remains to be seen. The O-line has to run downhill. If we are getting knocked into the backfield nothing will work. It's on them. Who we are on offense has to reveal itself this week. If it's still a hodge podge of formations, plays and personel we will be in for a long day. We need some hungry Huskies Saturday more than anything and the crowd will be right behind them.

Reaction Score
I really hope the players can overlook the coaching staff. We probably got 1.5 seasons left of PP and GD maximum.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
We have a weight advantage at the LOS- simplify the blocking, get the O line pissed, rotate the damned backs and POUND on Temples D line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Years ago at the Conn Mutual Classic in basketball we saw a team come in from our region that wasn't more talented but had great leadership, played harder and imposed their will on the Huskies resulting in anyone who was there thinking man I wish that guy was our head coach.

Reggie Lewis and Andre LaFleur were clearly the most talented players on the court that night. I'm not sure that there rest of Northeastern's squad wasn't the equal of that UConn team.

Reaction Score
This is game # 7 guys... we win the odd # games... we're due today. Next week, I'm worried...

Reaction Score
1. Temple's train ride brings them to Yale Bowl, rather than Rentschler.
2. Harris gets spun around by Smallwood and run 54-yards to the wrong endzone for a safety.
3. Coyer isn't the real Mc"COY".
4. Addazzio overtrimmed his mustachio this week and Don Brown beats him in a bare-knuckle boxing match, leading to a highly motivated UConn.
5. Gangnam Style and Sandstorm on every third down, DJ gets it right and Pasqualoni rides the pony.
6. Deleone had some chocolate ice cream for dessert last night. He realizes that doing things different can be fun sometimes.
7. McCummings completes 33-35 for 400 and 4 TDs. Whitmer's adds another 500 and 6tds, no INTs. Half of that was during the warm up drills.
8. We find out that Lou Ferigno has eligibility, finally turns into the Hulk, and he smashes for another UCONN first down.
9. Federal investigators discover that there is an acrobatic pyramid scheme which has set us up to lose was started by the Temple cheerleaders. The fourth qtr "gains" (yards and points) were all fabricated and manipulated by Temple, in collusion with the scorekeeper.
10. Balance on offense, no turnovers, get Griffin/Delahunt involved. Defense has to play hard and dial up the pressure. Don't give Coyer opportunities to air it out. Special teams need to set the tone early and keep the field as short as possible. This will be added success for an offense that can waste less energy on getting down the field and focus more on redzone efficiency. The online needs to open up those holes for whoever is running behind them and move the chains to give the defense a rest.

Reaction Score
We must have the most predictable offense in the last 25 years at least, at college or NFL level.

Please, no Gangnam Style. Would rather stick with Welcome to the Jungle.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, Butch. Welcome to the Jungle is the best, but for the effect, I had to be radical with the song choice. I love welcome to the Jungle. I'm just hoping the defense feels the energy and makes the play to force 4th down.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's always a stretch to win as a 6 point favorite at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom