Temple Gibbs commits to ND | The Boneyard

Temple Gibbs commits to ND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Temple said he wants to create his own path and not follow his brothers . this is a good sign for sterling to uconn

THIS. I think Sterling's status is not affected by this at all. I still think we are the favorite. From what I've read on Twitter, it sounds like Sterling hasn't been granted his full release yet and that's most likely what's holding him up. BY, be patient!! Hopefully good news will come soon.

Reaction Score
This popped up on my feed right after the announcement. Amazing, 10 seconds to publish this smoke.

"

I mean come the **** on!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This popped up on my feed right after the announcement. Amazing, 10 seconds to publish this smoke.

"

I mean come the **** on!

Here's the great part about that - and proof positive that Zagoria is just a moron...

If Sterling Gibbs "follows" his brother to Notre Dame, he'll be gone before his brother even gets there.

He's just so simple.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bah.

According to Zagoria, Sterling is visiting Pitt this week.

Karma for my making fun of the oaf.

Reaction Score
It's all good less resources wasted recruiting him. Gilbert is going to be a Husky soon

Reactions: caw

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bah.

Pitt has been busy ripping Ashton on its boards for his inability to influence his brothers, as well as being a bust. If someone has Sterling's email, by all means send him the links to Pitt's board to see how appreciative Panther fans are of the Gibbs family, lol.

I give Pitt about a 1% chance here. I'm guessing he's visiting only at Ashton's request.

Reaction Score
Bah.

Not sure of Pitt's situation with scholarships, but they just got Rafael Maya from Brown.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
According to Gibbs himself, he was also considering Oklahoma, Providence, Georgetown, and BC. No UConn despite him taking a visit. I wonder if the Temple Gibbs visit was more so about getting Sterling on campus than Temple.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not sure of Pitt's situation with scholarships, but they just got Rafael Maya from Brown.

They have one more open, but Pitt has a greater number of roadblocks to playing time on their roster. James Robinson averaged 5+ APG last year, and Josh Newkirk could definitely outshoot anyone we have on our bench.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They have one more open, but Pitt has a greater number of roadblocks to playing time on their roster. James Robinson averaged 5+ APG last year, and Josh Newkirk could definitely outshoot anyone we have on our bench.

Robinson is not a solid D1 PG - too slow, lousy defense, poor shooter. And I think if you polled Pitt fans, they'd probably take TSam over Newkirk right now. Newkirk was a great spark off the bench as a frosh, but a dud as a soph.

I just don't see why a coveted xfer like Gibbs would choose Pitt. They're going nowhere in the short term. It's not the Pitt we knew. No team personality - they're neither physical nor finesse. Just boring and micromanaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom