Temple game | The Boneyard

Temple game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last game of the season, and UConn has an early 2-0 lead after one inning.

Reaction Score
Wheels have come off the tracks...

@uconnbaseball: The T4 finally comes to a close after Temple puts up a six-spot. TU 9, #UConn 2 heading to the B4. #BleedBlue #AmericanBSB

Reaction Score
Wow!!! This season can't come to a close soon enough. I'd like to be optimistic about next year. Hopefully Cross is back to full strength and effectiveness. Our young pitching is very good. It's the position players I worry about. McDowell & Melley have improved. Davey was a big pleasant surprise. Can't really say that about the other position players.
Hopefully, a year's difference will make a big difference like it did for Melley this year.

Reaction Score
I like to be optimistic about this team as well for next season as well. Lot's of youth on the team, with only a few graduating Seniors. It's also possible that Davey may leave as well. The pitching should be fine. There's lots of youth in the starting lineup, so we can hope for some room in improvement there as well. In addition to McDowell and Melley, I'd have to say that Daniello and Sundberg are quite improved as well from last season. Daniello has stopped the revolving door UConn has had defensively at 3b since Mike Olt left. Sundberg hasn't shown any power, but if his average improves just a little bit he could be quite a leadoff hitter. The two keys are replacing Verdi at shortstop, and Siena really needs to bounce back with the bat. Hill would be one candidate at short, and I heard a Penders interview at one point talking about possibly moving Daniello there next season as well.

Reaction Score
You're welcome Houston... :(

@uconnbaseball: FINAL: Temple 9, #UConn 4. Huskies conclude the 2014 season with a 27-31 record after going 1-2 in #AmericanBSB Championship pool play.

Game Notes

- UConn is now 21-13 in conference tournament play under Jim Penders.
- Tom Verdi stole his 11th and 12th bases of 2014 to give him 46 in his career, tied for 14th in program history
- Brian Ward finished his career with 229.0 innings pitched, ninth in UConn history
- David Mahoney made his 27th appearance of the year, fourth in a single season in UConn history. Mahoney, who set the program record with 34 appearances last year, now has two of the four highest single season marks in UConn history
- Anthony Marzi made his first relief appearance since coming out of the pen seven times in 2011. He made 47 starts from 2012-14 between relief appearances.
- Marzi picked up his 217th career strikeout, taking sole possession of fourth in UConn history. He also finishes second all-time in innings pitched with 299.1

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This off season should be very interesting. Talent is there. I question the coaching and confidence/belief the players have in them. May be some surprise moves.

Reaction Score
Season couldn't end soon enough. Something is certainly missing from this team. I'd like to think the talent is there as they have shown glimpses before but after this season you really question whether the core group of players are good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom