Temple Game to be played Saturday Noon instead of Sunday. | The Boneyard

Temple Game to be played Saturday Noon instead of Sunday.

Reaction Score
Wow! I like the pro-active approach. Certainly could be challenging though for those who will be unable to attended now because of the date change.

Be safe everyone ...and Go Huskies!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
UConn WBB site also shows the change, due to Winter Storm Harper.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We are in for nasty weather Sat and Sun. I don't know if this is the reason, but it could be. New England could get as much as 40" of snow this weekend. French toast storm.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1547763821273.png

It'll be interesting to see just how many games get canceled if the dire predictions are borne out. I suppose the following Sunday games (among others) could be in jeopardy?
  • Penn St @ #9 Maryland
  • #17 Michigan St @ #20 Rutgers
  • Clemson @ Pitt

Reaction Score
We are in for nasty weather Sat and Sun. I don't know if this is the reason, but it could be. New England could get as much as 40" of snow this weekend. French toast storm.
I don't think anyone's getting 40 inches of snow LOL. Down here along the shoreline they are saying 3-6 inches with a little bit of ice on top. It's not going to be that bad. Having said that, it would make the return to campus difficult after the game Sunday, so I understand why they are moving it up a day.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Moving the game makes sense, but I agree about the over hyped forecast. The largest snowfall I have heard yet for CT is 18" in the far NW corner.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I didnt think they adjusted games north of the Mason-Dixon line due to winter weather :rolleyes:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Moving the game makes sense, but I agree about the over hyped forecast. The largest snowfall I have heard yet for CT is 18" in the far NW corner.
If this storm turns out to be bad in CT it's not likely going to be due to snowfall totals but rather how the combination of wind, sleet and ice cause travel and power issues. Looks like CT is (as usual) the center of "transitional precipitation". The ski centers up in VT and NH look to be getting 1-2+ feet of white stuff.

Reaction Score
Sorry to let you know we had a confirmed 40 inches of snow in Hamden and Wallingford just a few years ago from super storm Nemo. Don't mess with Mother nature!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A mere 40" of snow. So real reason huh?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
We, West Coasters, are very happy to send you guys back east the moisture. However, we are not responsible for the cold temperatures.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No word yet on SNY coverage.
Currently there is no "live" shows scheduled between 12 and 2PM so I would guess that if can get all the people and equipment there, they will broadcast the game.
But I am guessing here.

Reaction Score
It's more the threat of an ice storm than snow. I drive all the time in snow but an 1/8th of an inch of ice is impossible to drive on unless you have studs and 4X, to say nothing of the damage to trees and the loss of power.

I remember a beer fest in the ROTC hanger back in 72 or 73 which hit while everyone was inside sampling the draft and dancing. When the party ended and everyone tried to walk up the hill toward the field house the scene was hilarious. Too bad it was before everyone carried a video camera in the pocket.

Reaction Score
It's more the threat of an ice storm than snow. I drive all the time in snow but an 1/8th of an inch of ice is impossible to drive on unless you have studs and 4X, to say nothing of the damage to trees and the loss of power.

I remember a beer fest in the ROTC hanger back in 72 or 73 which hit while everyone was inside sampling the draft and dancing. When the party ended and everyone tried to walk up the hill toward the field house the scene was hilarious. Too bad it was before everyone carried a video camera in the pocket.
I remember an ice storm around that time. We were partying at Powder Ridge, and at the bottom of the bowl. It was a wild ride getting up the hill.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Currently there is no "live" shows scheduled between 12 and 2PM so I would guess that if can get all the people and equipment there, they will broadcast the game.
But I am guessing here.
Their schedule(SNY) lists the game as being on.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
View attachment 38389
It'll be interesting to see just how many games get canceled if the dire predictions are borne out. I suppose the following Sunday games (among others) could be in jeopardy?
  • Penn St @ #9 Maryland
  • #17 Michigan St @ #20 Rutgers
  • Clemson @ Pitt

Near College Park we’re expecting an inch on Saturday. Even around here, that won’t cancel a game.

Reaction Score
The UConn WBB site Schedule also is has added SNY(ESPN3) to the revised Saturday entry

Reaction Score
Near College Park we’re expecting an inch on Saturday. Even around here, that won’t cancel a game.
Sure about that?? I lived for five years in Gaithersburg MD and found their idea of clearing snow to be highly comical...until I slipped in the driveway of the Silver Diner in Silver Spring and cracked two vertebrae in my back which has never been the same.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom