Temple Cuts Seven Sports | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple Cuts Seven Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Facts of life...

Herbst has to tap the rainy day fund for $30mm to balance UConn's books this year. A 5% hike in tuition is on the horizon. Let's face it - the paltry payout from the AAC is going to cause UConn rein in athletic spending sooner than later. If UConn doesn't land in a P-5 conference soon, certain sports will be cut and the rest will be degraded. We can only hope that an invite from a real conference will come soon. (Please, not a single spoonful of pablum regarding how the AAC can thrive.)

UConn is adding sports. Hockey isn't cheap. Clearly, UConn has something else in mind.

Reaction Score
UConn is adding sports. Hockey isn't cheap. Clearly, UConn has something else in mind.

I know it is heresy, but some fellow residents, taxpayers, legislators etc. don't regard UConn sports in the same way that we do. There is a lot of competition for budget dollars so a P-5 conference payout is ever more important to the sustainability of D-1 sports at UConn. I hope we invest in big time athletics for a long time. But the reality is that without a chunk of media money coming from a real conference each year, it's going to be difficult. I don't what UConn is thinking, but we can all count.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I know it is heresy, but some fellow residents, taxpayers, legislators etc. don't regard UConn sports in the same way that we do. There is a lot of competition for budget dollars so a P-5 conference payout is ever more important to the sustainability of D-1 sports at UConn. I hope we invest in big time athletics for a long time. But the reality is that without a chunk of media money coming from a real conference each year, it's going to be difficult. I don't what UConn is thinking, but we can all count.
And if we want to position UConn for a P5 spot that would take away the additional/future tax burden, cutting programs is not going to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom