Temple Box Score Observations and view from Section 220 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Temple Box Score Observations and view from Section 220

Reaction Score
you've got to be kidding with stuff above. almost all this stuff is total BS and made up or irrelevant or just idiotic... I wish he took more "standstill jumpers", and he's gets so many shots blocked.
Are you related to adam schiff? You really took a lot of time coming up your anti CV thesis. Forget the really important stats, instead his height is really something to not like .... Btw who takes the foul shots on team? Its not just not enough for you. Boy I'm really glad to hear there are a lot of things that you do love about his game. Really glad to have you as a fan......

Reaction Score
Kenny, so true about CV's rebounding - heart, desire and effort!

Reaction Score
you've got to be kidding with stuff above. almost all this stuff is total BS and made up or irrelevant or just idiotic... I wish he took more "standstill jumpers", and he's gets so many shots blocked.
Are you related to adam schiff? You really took a lot of time coming up your anti CV thesis. Forget the really important stats, instead his height is really something to not like .... Btw who takes the foul shots on team? Its not just not enough for you. Boy I'm really glad to hear there are a lot of things that you do love about his game. Really glad to have you as a fan......

You specifically asked for a reply and I gave it. "Made up or irrelevant", especially the parts where I used specific examples from recent games. Hilarious political dig, dude. Yeah the problem is that open standstill jumpers don't grow on trees, so he has to take contested ones. And no, contested shots do not equal blocked shots, just made less frequently. Contested 3s for example are made ~5% less often (36% open -> 31% contested).

In general, it may all seem like small stuff, but it's the difference between true #1 options on teams who can create their own shots vs. heavy defensive attention and score and set up teammates efficiently, and role players taking too many mediocre shots like Vital. Yes, he's asked to do a lot by the team and that exposes more faults than he might normally show. As I said in my first post on the subject, I wish his role was better suited to his abilities: catch and shoot spot-up shooter, defensive passing lane menace, and emotional team leader.

I'm sorry I forgot the important stats, like the fact that he's our leading scorer but not in the top 300 in the country in scoring. Or that he's our leading rebounder but not in the top 600 in the country in total rebounding rate. Or that he's 2nd in the team in assists but not in the top 450 in the country in assists per game. You're damning him with faint praise by celebrating these things.

Now for an actually important stat: Of players who have used at least 26% of their team's possessions on the year, he's 244th out of 272nd in eFG%. That's the 11th percentile.

Yes, he's taken the most foul shots on the team. He also uses the most possessions. Has it occurred to you that one of the reasons our offense is mediocre in general is because we don't get to the foul line enough as a team (especially since we lack shooting), and he contributes to that as the player who uses the most possessions on the team? Of our 6 recent losses, every single team gets to the line more per FGA on average for the season than we do except Villanova, who still had double digit more FTAs in the game we played against them.

I've enjoyed having Vital on the team the last 4 years and he played a pretty good game on Wednesday.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

CV is an undeniably GREAT rebounder. Early in his career some of us thought he rebounded well only because he hustles and we had no good bigs. That isn’t the case. He is an unbelievable rebounder. He has more rebounds in his career than several good husky bigs that were considered good rebounders. He often gets rebounds over huge opponents because of his quickness to the ball and getting in the right position. He is only a decent leaper and still does this at 6 ft 1
Agree with all of the above, just add one point. CV may be a decent on the run leaper but in competition he’s a great two footed vertical leaper. Often he just out-jumps someone else in the crowd. He also gets the ball with two hands.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Agree with all of the above, just add one point. CV may be a decent on the run leaper but in competition he’s a great two footed vertical leaper. Often he just out-jumps someone else in the crowd. He also gets the ball with two hands.
He’s really improved his jumping since he arrived here. I feel like he couldn’t even dunk his freshman year now he throws down with authority.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
CV makes about four truly cringe worthy plays a game. At least twice a game he will jack up a three beyond NBA range early in the clock. Twice a game he will do the rushed Kamakazi drive to the basket flipping up a shot that has little chance of succeeding. These shots often occur during winning time and almost always lead to an easy score by the other team. Most of the reason for these shots is his poor handle: he has a hard time creating his own shot. The main reason is that for large parts of his career some to his teammates lacked an aggressive offensive attitude. CV was never lacking basketball cojones, his best trait. In the end that is what he will be remembered for.

And he is our most productive player.

Reaction Score
Its amazing the space and energy you waste putting down a great kid, our current best player, one of ours, and a husky that stayed when it got rough, and others were jumping ship You are just clueless, I'm sorry, you are.
In AAC CV ranks:
#11 in points
# 9 in rebounds (#4 guard)
# 1 steals
#17 in assists per game
#40 in 3 pt shooting %, not good i admit
#1 in free throw %
#5 in free throws made

I'm sure if we looked, very few of the SAME players would be on all these lists. I don't even care. I sit behind the bench every game and i know beyond the stats, what Christian brings every single game to our team. I'm done arguing with you. I'll take CV!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself, JC would have loved CV and CV would have been even better than his is.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
[/QUOTE]
I wasn't very impressed by Aaron McKee as a coach. Given UConn's lack of depth with only 2 scholarship players on the bench he should have uptempoed the game and used his 9 or 10 guys to absolutely wear us out so we would have been gassed down the stretch. His coaching and game plan did nothing to exploit our weakness in terms of a very short bench.

I don't miss Fran Dunphy and his well coached teams when we played them. You could count on them to give a real solid game. He really got the best out of his teams. Class act.

Reaction Score
Its amazing the space and energy you waste putting down a great kid, our current best player, one of ours, and a husky that stayed when it got rough, and others were jumping ship You are just clueless, I'm sorry, you are.
In AAC CV ranks:
#11 in points
# 9 in rebounds (#4 guard)
# 1 steals
#17 in assists per game
#40 in 3 pt shooting %, not good i admit
#1 in free throw %
#5 in free throws made

I'm sure if we looked, very few of the SAME players would be on all these lists. I don't even care. I sit behind the bench every game and i know beyond the stats, what Christian brings every single game to our team. I'm done arguing with you. I'll take CV!

I apologize for having a negative viewpoint on a guard who has won 27 of his 67 career mid major conference games and who as a senior currently has the worst effective field goal % of any serious contributor on any team in said mid major conference (37th of 37), despite taking the 6th most total shots.

He's a fun kid to root for. I wish he made more of the many shots he takes. Still could happen. I'd be overjoyed.

Reaction Score
The only one who has provided real stats for CV is auror, everyone else is fanboying and throwing fits.

We all like CV and how hard he plays but the constant making him out to be something he's not by fans gets to be annoying.

Husky1 with an incredibly lame Adam Schiff comment. Not a good look.

Reaction Score
Oh really super john, by the way what does the super mean?
anyway, the stats I posted were from the AAC website today, and they were real - what makes them not real
because you don't like them?
What does fanboying even mean?
and your opinion doesn't really count because YOU'RE the most consistent CV hater on this site, so no you you don't really like CV like you say
Your really annoying Super John, and the schiff comment was kind of funny, even auror thought so.
Actually I'm not really making him something he's not, I just loathe haters, and he IS our best player
even if you're not capable of seeing it.

Reaction Score
Oh really super john, by the way what does the super mean?
anyway, the stats I posted were from the AAC website today, and they were real - what makes them not real
because you don't like them?
What does fanboying even mean?
and your opinion doesn't really count because YOU'RE the most consistent CV hater on this site, so no you you don't really like CV like you say
Your really annoying Super John, and the schiff comment was kind of funny, even auror thought so.
Actually I'm not really making him something he's not, I just loathe haters, and he IS our best player
even if you're not capable of seeing it.
This is sad. Auror was making fun of you.

SuperJohn is in honor or Super John Williamson, New Haven and NJ Nets legend.
super_john_williamson_autographed_signed_1975_76_topps_card_251_new_jersey_nets_beckett_bas_11...jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom