Technicals at PC | The Boneyard

Technicals at PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weren't we on the receiving end of another BS technical in Providence? Mid 90s, Donny Marshall almost cost us the game. KO coast-to-coast bailed us out.

You could make a case for the call on Donny, but last night on Drummond was just absurd.

Reaction Score
Donny threw the ball at Murdoch drawing a T. We won the game. Can't recall if Ollie went coast to coast for the winner, if that was the year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Donny Marshall got T'd up by Ted Valentine for sarcastic clapping.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of the Marshall T in the other thread about Drummond's technical.

I agree that you could make a case for the Marshall T, as ridiculous as I think it was. Donny was an instigator-type and his actions were viewed differently than other players. (Not to go to far off track, but I think Dyson's Ts for hanging on the rim after dunks fall into the same sortof category. He may have earned 1 or 2 of those calls legitimately, but, after he got that reputation, any hint of "wrongdoing" and he was getting a tech.) I don't think Drummond has that reputation, which makes the T more baffling.

One thing I noticed in watching the replays of that sequence was the Providence player who was going for the rebound that Drummond secured. When the whistle blows, he points at AD and when the refs indicate the foul is on Drummond, he starts clapping. If a ref was looking for a reason to T up a Providence player, he could have called him for taunting. It would have been an absurd call, but so was Drummond's technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom