Technical question about posting | The Boneyard

Technical question about posting

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Lately the toolbar at the top of text box used for typing in my posts is not active. I can't select any emoji or use bold or italics, et cetera.
Anyone know what I did wrong to lose the toolbar?
Thanks.

Reaction Score
Try to click on the square bracket on the top right of the "inactive" toolbar to turn it back on.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lately the toolbar at the top of text box used for typing in my posts is not active. I can't select any emoji or use bold or italics, et cetera.
Anyone know what I did wrong to lose the toolbar?
Thanks.
Did you try clicking the three little dots?

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Did you try clicking the three little dots?
Yes. Now it displays more inactive selections.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Try to click on the square bracket on the top right of the "inactive" toolbar to turn it back on.
Tried that, nothing happened.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Thanks again for the suggestions...I figured it out just by trying stuff. I selected the 3 dots on the right side of the toolbar and then selected the [ ] and voila, the toolbar is active.
I believe that this is what @pvdoggy suggested but when I tried that fix, I selected the wrong square bracket.
:)

Reaction Score
Thanks again for the suggestions...I figured it out just by trying stuff. I selected the 3 dots on the right side of the toolbar and then selected the [ ] and voila, the toolbar is active.
I believe that this is what @pvdoggy suggested but when I tried that fix, I selected the wrong square bracket.
:)
The "[ ]" selection allows the forum software to format your response content. It's called BBCode. Anytime you want to 'bold', 'italic', 'smiley', etc, you need to give the software specific instructions to make it happen. You use the 'toolbar'. When you clicked on the '[ ]" symbol, you activated the toolbar. The code to format everything the way you want is enclosed within the "[ ]" symbols which tell the software what to do. You don't see it here in the forum responses/conversation, but it's hidden here, and makes it all work.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom