Teams you're following this season? | The Boneyard

Teams you're following this season?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
What teams are you guys all following/rooting for this year?

My list of teams in order of how much I'm invested:

1.) Rutgers
2.) LSU
3.) Duke
4.) Vanderbilt

I'm also going to follow NC State & Florida, but not very closely because of Diamond Johnson, and Zippy Broughton. I hope they both have great seasons.

What about you guys?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
1a/1b) Washington and Oregon St.
2) Stanford
3) pretty much the rest of the Pac 12
4) a lot of intriguing teams to follow across the country--UConn, South Carolina, the Big 10 race should be a battle, NC State/Louisville in the ACC, maybe a few others

Reaction Score
I will be keeping a close eye on UConn, Stanford, NC State, Maryland, Oregon and Baylor for obvious reasons. And the SEC.

I'm also very interested in UNC, Duke, and Arizona.

Reaction Score
Maryland, Mississippi and Washington. I'm want to see what type of year Shakira Austin will have. I like to see how the new coach does at Washington.

Reaction Score
The list for me would be too long to type. There are a lot of interesting stories this year. I think I'll be focused more on the BIG10 this year though. I don't know why, but I think it could be more competitive than some believe.

I also like to follow Canadian players that I know of to see how they're doing. It's really cool the see the list grow every year regardless if they play in a P5 conference or a high/mid major program.

A team outside of the BIG10 that peaks my interest is Washington State. Leger-Walker was fun to watch when I could. I'm rooting for Tara Wallack, from BC who will be a freshman. She played very well at the U19 tournament for Canada. Very consistent and high motor. Don't think she got enough credit for her play in Hungary.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
To state the obvious, Notre Dame is the main gig of my fandom.
Since they play in the ACC, I'll keep track of most teams in that conference to varying degrees.

However, I'll also follow UConn (since the mid-90's), Fordham (my dad was an alum) and Marquette (to see how Megan Duffy is doing).

My cable package includes the B1G, so I'll watch (more than) a few games there and pay attention to Indiana (can Ali Patberg play 10 years there?), Iowa (Caitlin Clark is hard not to watch) and Penn State (Will Carolyn Kieger get this program going? If so, it will fun to watch. Besides, I want to see how Ali Campbell does.)

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke, High Point, NCA&T, UNC Greensboro, Western Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, VPI,... For starters... I can list more later

Reaction Score
Maryland, Mississippi and Washington. I'm want to see what type of year Shakira Austin will have. I like to see how the new coach does at Washington.
I meant to add UConn to the list. Extremely curious to see how Geno manages the minutes of everyone. Also a colleague is a huge UConn fan so I'll check them out for her.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
In addition to NC State, I'll be following the Lady Colonels of Nicholls. With 5 seniors, they could be a surprise team in the Southland.

Reaction Score
Follow (not pulling for).

SCar of course
UConn: can't follow wbb without following Geno
Stanford, gotta follow the reigning champs
NC State: I kinda' like the Pack
Da Beavers: multiple reasons
South Dakota: my multisport small school faves
LSU: Mulkey love/hate

Joens State and paternal ejections.

Reaction Score
Follow (not pulling for).

SCar of course
UConn: can't follow wbb without following Geno
Stanford, gotta follow the reigning champs
NC State: I kinda' like the Pack
Da Beavers: multiple reasons
South Dakota: my multisport small school faves
LSU: Mulkey love/hate

Joens State and paternal ejections.
LSU because I want to see Mulkey's Purple & Gold ensembles. Plus, I want to see Mulkey toss her 1st LSU jacket over her team bench into the stands.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Since Coler did say "invested" order, of special interest:

1 - Arizona
2 - Rutgers
3 - PAC and B1G in general - I don't root for everyone, but usually OOC I do
4 - Texas

I watch most of the games involving Power5 that are available to me on DirecTV. I don't watch on line and, therefore, don't actually see a lot of PAC games. While I have excellent seats to watch Arizona, it will be a challenge to make many games. I "was" going to the opener, but something has come up.

As some know, I track (on a spreadsheet) wins and losses for the Power 5, Big East and Arizona / Rutgers other opponents. If something seems "off" or "notable" - upsets, blowouts, etc. - I'll dig down to find out what happened.

Otherwise, I count on the wise folks here on the BY to keep me informed of what I "need to know".

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I will be watching UConn, our opponents, Temple (because of Coaches Tonya and Crockett), Vanderbilt (because of Coaches Shae and Kyla), some ACC games, as well as others.

Reaction Score
What teams are you guys all following/rooting for this year?

My list of teams in order of how much I'm invested:

1.) Rutgers
2.) LSU
3.) Duke
4.) Vanderbilt

I'm also going to follow NC State & Florida, but not very closely because of Diamond Johnson, and Zippy Broughton. I hope they both have great seasons.

What about you guys?
MSST (of course), UConn, USC, LSU (Kim Milley), Texas (Vic), NCST, and Stanford.

Reaction Score
Invested: Maryland

Following: All the ranked matchups on the Big Ten Network, SEC Network & ESPN networks of course! I just love good basketball & live crowds. SC, Uconn, Oregon, Oregon St., Louisville, Iowa, Iowa St., Arizona, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom