Teams that make bowl games…. | The Boneyard

Teams that make bowl games….

Reaction Score
Are allowed to continue to practice until the game. I assume it’s like any other time during the season where there is limitation in total hours etc.

That said I always thought that his was a huge advantage and also made it harder for teams who were not good to get better (no bowl no additional practice for bad teams). Maybe in this day and age it does not matter as much but seems to me practicing as a full team as much as possible is huge for a program trying to improve. Just another reason I want to get to a bowl so badly this year.

Reaction Score
Are allowed to continue to practice until the game. I assume it’s like any other time during the season where there is limitation in total hours etc.

That said I always thought that his was a huge advantage and also made it harder for teams who were not good to get better (no bowl no additional practice for bad teams). Maybe in this day and age it does not matter as much but seems to me practicing as a full team as much as possible is huge for a program trying to improve. Just another reason I want to get to a bowl so badly this year.
It is also an opportunity for some of the players that were injured and returning to get back to full strength while working with the team towards winning a bowl game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The extra bowl game practice is huge for programs like UConn allowing them to get the extra 5-7 weeks of practice and developing the players and program.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This is the common wisdom and it makes sense. Would be interesting to see if there is statistical confirmation of the common wisdom.

Reaction Score
This is the common wisdom and it makes sense. Would be interesting to see if there is statistical confirmation of the common wisdom.
Its hard because sports performance itself is time correlated and success breeds success under its own terms not just extended practice time so it'd be hard to separate out from each other.

I'm sure somebody will claim it based on something silly but I won't believe they will be able to tease it out from other factors. Getting all that extra practice with an explicit goal in mind can't hurt. The only down side might be fatigue.

Reaction Score
The extra bowl game practice is huge for programs like UConn allowing them to get the extra 5-7 weeks of practice and developing the players and program.
No, you don’t get to practice from the end of your season through the bowl game. You get a limited number of extra practices. I want to say 20 but it’s been so long since we went bowling ….

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No, you don’t get to practice from the end of your season through the bowl game. You get a limited number of extra practices. I want to say 20 but it’s been so long since we went bowling ….

No, you don’t get to make things up just be be argumentative.

Why you would pick my response take your comment is beyond me.

Yes ,they will be doing something football related every day between the Army game and a bowl game should they be invited.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score

Fans have s41t ton of fun tailgating

Reaction Score
No, you don’t get to make things up just be be argumentative.

Why you would pick my response take your comment is beyond me.

Yes ,they will be doing something football related every day between the Army game and a bowl game should they be invited.
Confused by your anger. Unless the rules have changed, the number of practices you could have if invited was limited by NCAA rule. Why is that an attack on you?

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Confused by your anger. Unless the rules have changed, the number of practices you could have if invited was limited by NCAA rule. Why is that an attack on you?
I think because instead of saying "yes, and I believe it is li.ited to 20 practices", you start with "no" and then provide nothing to contradict chin's original statement.

Reaction Score
Bowl games are a big deal!!
Between the end of the regular season and Jan 1—teams that don't get invited are limited to a maximum of eight hours per week—and players can only participate in weight training, conditioning and review of game film—and film viewing is limited to just two hours per week!
Bowl teams get to practice up to four hours per day or 20 hours per week between the end of the regular season and their bowl game. There is no specific limit to the number of practices a team can hold during their bowl preparation. (It’s not just 15 practices—it’s much more)
I’ve yet to hear a coach say that those practices weren’t vital, not just for the bowl game adjustments but for seeing how injured players are responding (Ta’quan Robinson), and repping a few new plays which can carry over as a head start into next year’s spring practice.
We need an invite!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom