Teams from top 6 conferences, divided (roughly) into quartiles | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Teams from top 6 conferences, divided (roughly) into quartiles

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Demoss and Nikki did not get along.

And speaking of the Southeastern game, its an exciting 20-17 lead for the tigers after one. This should easily be a 40+ point win.... SE is bad.
What, you wouldn't expect an SEC powerhouse to be challenged by the team picked to finish 9th in the Southland Conference? :rolleyes:

FWIW, LSU has steadied the ship and taken an 18-point lead in 3Q.

Reaction Score
I expect us to probably lose to USF even with their star player out

We usually beat up on the children of the poor but then it is very different against teams with relatively decent players.

Look at the Rutgers game

Plebe

Reaction Score
I expect us to probably lose to USF even with their star player out

We usually beat up on the children of the poor but then it is very different against teams with relatively decent players.

Look at the Rutgers game
Eh, I'm not so sure. South Florida has laid its share of eggs so far, and they are really hurting without the scoring threat of Laksa. I'd call it a toss-up on a neutral court, but I'll give LSU the slight edge at home.

Reaction Score
Eh, I'm not so sure. South Florida has laid its share of eggs so far, and they are really hurting without the scoring threat of Laksa. I'd call it a toss-up on a neutral court, but I'll give LSU the slight edge at home.

I expect a close game but if USF catches fire from 3 it'll be a long night for us. Kansas got up by over 20 in the first half because we are so vulnerable defending the 3.

Outside the FSU game, I haven't seen anything promising from this years team.

USF has a freshman Sydni Harvey who will probably be the key for them, she has shot really badly the last two games but when she is on is a major scorer.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The Demoss situation IMO speaks volumes. It was very sudden and she announced she was stepping down at LSU
“It was time to take care of some other things in life,” DeMoss said. “I’ve been coaching for 41 years. After that long, you need to do something else or do nothing at all." Months later she ends up at Vanderbilt...

Its not even close to the same program it once was under Pokey Chatman, we just don't have the talent. I remember a couple years ago when Geno came to BR to play LSU, he even made the same comment in his press conference after the game.
As you mention two situations and many people read these threads, full disclosure of facts needs to be given for context:
DeMoss, for all her skills as a coach (She is in the WBB HOF), has had her share of issues at a few programs (none seem to be about coaching) with less than honest answers about leaving. Simple Google searches will bear that out.

The real issue is Chatman who was allowed to resign at LSU right before the NCAA Tournament due to a relationship with what the press release says “was a former player”. Not Good. The duplicitous wording is also concern. The relationship was most probably with an active player who either graduated or left the program, thus becoming a “former player”. So to mention Pokey Chatman’s skills as a coach as someone you lament being gone is problematic. That’s why she will ever only coach professionals though for me that also is an issue as a Boss with even a limited history of having power over an underling they engaged in relations with is always an issue that has very little upside for the school, program, team or business.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I thought I'd revisit this quartile thing, for kicks and giggles. Again, this is based on Massey ratings of the 75 teams in the "Big 6" conferences. I tweaked the ranges to roughly balance the numbers across columns.

1550343616083.png
AAC teams, for reference: UConn (4), UCF (41), Cincinnati (76), Houston (100), Tulane (122), etc.
[Hey, at least there are 8 AAC teams ranked ahead of Vandy and Florida :)]

Other teams (mid-majors) in the Massey top 45:
11. Gonzaga
25. Drake
29. South Dakota
30. South Dakota St
37. Central Michigan
39. Rice
42. Ohio

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Using logic, the eye test and knowing which teams are trending up, down or sidways, here is my take:
1-20 has it right for the most part with only Texas not deserving. Texas A&M should be in here.
21-45 has 3 glaring issues Cal, Tenn and NCheat are all over-ranked, VaTech, Arizona and GaTech in
45-85 and 86+ are at this point moot except for the conference winners.

Reaction Score
The real issue is Chatman who was allowed to resign at LSU right before the NCAA Tournament due to a relationship with what the press release says “was a former player”. Not Good. The duplicitous wording is also concern. The relationship was most probably with an active player who either graduated or left the program, thus becoming a “former player”.

Chatman began a relationship with a player while she was an assistant. It came out later a few years after the player had graduated.
(It became known largely because Chatman had a falling out with friend/assistant coach Berry who reported the info.)

Reaction Score
Chatman began a relationship with a player while she was an assistant. It came out later a few years after the player had graduated.
(It became known largely because Chatman had a falling out with friend/assistant coach Berry who reported the info.)

Not defending Chatman there because it was dumb to have any type of relationship with anyone associated with the program, She knew better. Hiring Carla Berry might have been one of the dumbest things she did as a HC. She was literally a cancer at LSU and at the program before that (St. Johns). She literally didn't recruit or do anything, it was all Pokey, Christie Sides, and Bob Starkey who did all the heavy lifting. She got into fight with multiple assistant coaches and players throughout. Sylvia Fowles and other former players won't even talk about her for a reason.

Funny thing was when the story first broke, the city of Baton Rouge/entire state of Louisiana all went after Christie Sides. They had all thought she was the reason for the entire fiasco and pokey stepping down. She got harassed going places in public as well. Some even made it race related to make matters worse.

Pokey and Berry had a lot of tension brewing the year up to the scandal. At one point Pokey threw her out of practice because of how she acted and treated the assistants and players. At one point she broke and went to the athletic department and reported it all.

And to add a side piece to my rant. Pokey and Sides were doing the hokey pokey on top of it all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom