Team USA vs Croatia box score | The Boneyard

Team USA vs Croatia box score

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tina led all scorers with 14 and grabbed 1o rebounds. Parker also put up a double-double (11 and 13); Angel scored 13.

Croatia shot 33% from the field and 25% on 3-pointers (6 for 24).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Angel did a lot of work--13 points in only 11 minutes.

Tina with another double-double.

Seems as if some players had an off-game.

Was the arena full?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Augustas had a terrible shooting game but the real story was that for the 1st 3 quarters it looked like Team USA couldn't guard a chair. Croatia had wide open shots while Team USA looked befuddled on defense. Croatia got hot for a couple of quarters while team USA couldn't hit anything.

McCoughtry's energy in the 4th quarter finally got the ball rolling.

Reaction Score
Augustas had a terrible shooting game but the real story was that for the 1st 3 quarters it looked like Team USA couldn't guard a chair. Croatia had wide open shots while Team USA looked befuddled on defense. Croatia got hot for a couple of quarters while team USA couldn't hit anything.

Amen to that...looked like different players in the 4th...Croatia must've run out of petrol...!

Reaction Score
Angel, Maya and Lindsey got everybody's blood pumping...for awhile they looked like the only ones capable of mixing it up!

Our bigs need to rethink taking contact with Ivankovic...that was like lowering your shoulder into a brick wall.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
That's how we won the Turkey game; we outlasted them.

Reaction Score

totally agree. Cash too! Whalen nice looks and dishes too.

Reaction Score
Yes, shouldn't forget Cash...she was holding her own in the paint...feisty!

Reaction Score
Swin, Sue and Maya (or Mya as it was misspelled) were all trending topics on Twitter before I left to run errands.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The stats don't show team shooting percentage by quarter. My for USA is 20% first, 30% second, 40% third and 60% fourth.

Augustus had a bad shooting game. Fowles just had a bad game (all nine minutes). Angel provided the spark at both ends.

The problem with the help defense is that it consisted of too much help and not enough defense.

Croatia had more assists than USA. I can't recall seeing that in a game with one team coached by Geno.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
In the beginning of the game, we had good defense in the paint especially Parker, and Croatia could not hit anything from outside, but then they heated up at the 3 and USA didn't move fast enough to guard them, so that is how Croatia made their money shots and got on the board. After the half, USA started guarding the perimeter, and Croatia started mixing it up and making shots inside. Once USA started helping on defense down low and watching the perimeter, Croatia's shot selection became less selective, and we started making ours. Angel and Lindsey were sparks definately, Maya was hampered early with fouls, Tina caught fire, and Dee provided great energy.
I think that it was good that this game happened, because we were down a few points here and there, and this was a little wake up reality for the team.

I believe that they will win the gold. It is just not going to get done in a walk...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I certainly will do so...I am a closet anglophile, but that isn't common knowledge ;)

Reaction Score
That's how we won the Turkey game; we outlasted them.
Unfortunately, this style of play looks nothing like what Geno was talking about in order to bring new fans to the game, even though the game was exciting.

JS

Reaction Score
I am a closet anglophile, but that isn't common knowledge ;)
That's like saying you're openly anglophilic, but everybody knows it.

Reaction Score
Croatia did themselves proud. If it wasn't for the fresh USA troops coming into the game in the 4th quarter, they could have won the game. Must have been like what General Custer felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom