Team Summer Activity | The Boneyard

Team Summer Activity

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There’s a couple of new posts from the UConn socials I didn’t see up anywhere yet. Figured we make a thread to keep up with all the team activity/practice in one place for the summer.

Practice from a day ago:

Ross and Solo have some hops. Ross jumped so quickly he almost didn’t avoid his head hitting the rim. At least five inches above it.

Reaction Score
Hurley touched on it in the Gary Parrish interview from yesterday but I can't ever remember a UConn team having this many 6'6"-6'8" dudes at one time on a roster, alot of combinations to mix and match.

Reaction Score
You should have seen the two foot minnow I caught.

Regardless of my ever so slight exaggeration Roos has hops.
Ross has hops and he can shoot so my question is we barely saw him last season because we were stacked, how much PT will he get this year? Is he one of the team‘s best outside shooters?

Reaction Score
Ross has hops and he can shoot so my question is we barely saw him last season because we were stacked, how much PT will he get this year? Is he one of the team‘s best outside shooters?
Probably not, which isn't a knock on him. Last year we were pretty stacked on the wing, but this year we're arguably even deeper at the 2/3 spots where he'd play. Mahaney, Ball, McNeeley, Stewart all ahead of him, plus any minutes we run with a 2 PG lineup

Reaction Score
I think we'll see Ross because I think he could be one of our best perimeter defenders. Long and Rangy. Between him and Stewart I think Ross is the better shooter and playmaker but Stewart is a craftier and better all around scorer and possible more Alpha. Defense could be similar.

Reaction Score
Remember the look on opposing players when Sanogo would come out for a breather, but then Cling Kong would come in? "Geez, this monster is the backup???" We could see the same thing with Stewart/Ross where the backup is just as scary as the starter.

Reaction Score
Love seeing AJax back on campus and practicing with the team.
It appears we now have quality players to draw our vets in for some practice/scrimmaging. Many of our players can compete with them (in practice).

Reaction Score
Coming out of his shell. Quiet dude learning how to be a leader. 2-time NC Champ has got cred with the young dudes if they're smart and listen

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s not a quiet dude. Kid is from Queens, he is uber confident and talks his talk.
From what I've seen and heard in interviews. He's a quiet dude. If you're a baller from Queens and play at UConn-You have to be confident or you'll get crushed by the next man up on your team. He'll be fine. Danny needs him to be more vocal this year as a leader -Like AK. Who is also a quiet dude as is Samson.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom