Team progression.. | The Boneyard

Team progression..

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Today was a perfect example of the forward progression the team has made under Hurley this year.. you can't see it every game but def did today.

I know it was just ECU, but we either squeak this one out or lose this game last year with no AG and virtually no JA.

Great example of the team culture/winning culture DH is working on us getting back to.

Keep grinding' Huskies!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Today was a perfect example of the forward progression the team has made under Hurley this year.. you can't see it every game but def did today.

I know it was just ECU, but we either squeak this one out or lose this game last year with no AG and virtually no JA.

Great example of the team culture/winning culture Dan Hurley is working on us getting back to.

Keep grinding' Huskies!

Couldn't watch. What happened w Jalen?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I feel better about the MBB team next year than the WBB team....

How crazy is that?!!

I don't really follow the women's team much these days. What's going on?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The fact that won without jalen or AG is a good sign of progress. Even if it was ecu

And Polley with another shutdown game on d is a good sign.

the Q

Reaction Score

Losing 2 all Americans with one middling recruit (for their standards) on the way.

the Q

Reaction Score
The women are probably looking at an 05-07 Run, but we’d take that on the men’s side right now.

Reaction Score
Let’s remember that Dangerfield, Walker, and Williams will all be back next year, and the men won’t have a single player as good as those three (relatively speaking). I think the men could make the tournament next year and maybe win a game or two; the women will probably slip up and be a borderline top-10 team at worst.

Reaction Score
Carlton had a helluva game today. I liked the progress but was that because of who was defending him? Seemed like he was going against a team without quality bigs. We have to be real about this and see him do it against decent bigs.

Reaction Score
Carlton had a helluva game today. I liked the progress but was that because of who was defending him? Seemed like he was going against a team without quality bigs. We have to be real about this and see him do it against decent bigs.

You’re not wrong, but dominating weak bigs means he’s a weapon against mediocre teams at the very least. He’s beating up bad teams better than last year; maybe next year he takes another step and holds his own against tournament teams.

Reaction Score
Let’s remember that Dangerfield, Walker, and Williams will all be back next year, and the men won’t have a single player as good as those three (relatively speaking). I think the men could make the tournament next year and maybe win a game or two; the women will probably slip up and be a borderline top-10 team at worst.

Thus meaning Dangerfield is the only consistent scoring returnee. They are a Sweet 16 caliber team unless someone steps up their game big time.

Reaction Score
Could not care less about the women’s team. Please

Reaction Score
You care enough to reply to a post about them, though? I mean, I know it’s not the right board, but I was responding to multiple posts about them in the thread.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
They have lost 2 games and are likely head to being the last 1 seed, with an outside shot at being a 2 seed. I wish the men failed as well.

Yeah, their down years are dream seasons for 99% of the other programs.

The men's team certainly is giving signs of coming together and rarely turning in a total clunker. Still a pretty young group. Carlton has been showing much more at this stage than Hilton Armstrong did at a similar point and Josh is being asked to do a lot more as a soph than HIlton was. If he can force most teams to play an honest defense and rebound and block shots, he doesn't have to score a ton. Bulky guys will cause him problems on D but he should be be quicker than those kind of guys to cause them problems. If a freaky athlete like Wilson can slow himself down a little he can cause problems and help other guys to find openings. A lot of potential good parts and supposedly some good players coming in and maybe a few more.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I still see Carlton as more of a Josh Boone potential guy than a Hilton Armstrong type. Hilton had more of a mid range game than I can see Carlton developing.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I still see Carlton as more of a Josh Boone potential guy than a Hilton Armstrong type. Hilton had more of a mid range game than I can see Carlton developing.
Josh Boone did not shy away from hard contact. Carlton does. I think the unit is a much better comparison to Carlton than Boone is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lost to two top 5 teams. Currently ranked #2 but will drop. An amazing year for most teams, disappointing for the UConn WBB program apparently.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I think I'm in the minority that thinks we will still have growing pains next year and may struggle a little bit. We're losing a good chunk of our scoring and bringing in a lot of freshmen. As much as Jalen is bashed, replacing his production will take time. Unless we get an impact grad transfer and/or Precious, it's still going to take time to develop a tournament quality team.
Having said that, I still believe we will eventually get back to the promise land in the next 2-5 years- that being a top 20 team.

Reaction Score
Of all the possible best case scenarios , today was it. Even tho it was ecu. Carlton continues to be solid. Very encouraging. Sid had career high , polley played very well , as did Carlton , vital and Tarin. Crazy how everyone does better with no Jalen. Team is starting to really improve. U can see it happening. Kinda cool to watch And that’s with no Ag. How sick will next year’s team be with AG and vital in backcourt- precious ,Carlton, Wilson, akok and bouknight , gaffney , b Adams off bench? And that’s not even counting us getting a decent grad transfer big and Polley, and maybe diarra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom