Team Poster [Merged Thread] | The Boneyard

Team Poster [Merged Thread]

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
This is pretty cool poster. Don't know if it's been posted already (if so please delete)

Attachments

• FDxfnPDWQAIbebn.jpg
    FDxfnPDWQAIbebn.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 875

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Someone posted it after you did though. :)

Reaction Score
I appreciate the effort here, but this is a very bad photoshop effort (if that's the program used). Regardless of the program used, it's really, really bad.
What don't you like about it? Missing coaches?

Reaction Score
What don't you like about it? Missing coaches?
What? Missing coaches? Really? Never entered my tiny mind.

My comment was about the quality of the Photoshop (if that was the software used) effort, not the content. As I said, I appreciate all that, but the quality needs some work. With just a little more effort, just a little, this could have been an exceptional graphic. Trust me. I've done this for years. And I'm open for advice if anyone wants it. For free.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
What? Missing coaches? Really? Never entered my tiny mind.

My comment was about the quality of the Photoshop (if that was the software used) effort, not the content. As I said, I appreciate all that, but the quality needs some work. With just a little more effort, just a little, this could have been an exceptional graphic. Trust me. I've done this for years. And I'm open for advice if anyone wants it. For free.

The intern who does the social media graphics is fantastic. Look at UConn WBB’s social media graphics versus pretty much anyone else’s and you’ll see pretty quickly they have a gem in him.

Why don’t you redesign it and show us what you’ve got? I’d love to see your take on the same concept.

Reaction Score
The intern who does the social media graphics is fantastic. Look at UConn WBB’s social media graphics versus pretty much anyone else’s and you’ll see pretty quickly they have a gem in him.

Why don’t you redesign it and show us what you’ve got? I’d love to see your take on the same concept.
Thanks for sharing that about the intern. I'm sure they are very gifted and wish all the success. By the way, since I didn't know where it came from, has anyone given actual credit to the creator, this intern? Anyone wanting to help their career or give them a few kudos might want to do that. Every little bit helps.

I offered some feedback and help on the execution, not a redesign. I didn't criticize the design, just a comment on the execution. I get paid for my design work, but my offer of help is free and all I want is to help someone get better. Take it or leave it, I don't really care.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing that about the intern. I'm sure they are very gifted and wish all the success. By the way, since I didn't know where it came from, has anyone given actual credit to the creator, this intern? Anyone wanting to help their career or give them a few kudos might want to do that. Every little bit helps.

I offered some feedback and help on the execution, not a redesign. I didn't criticize the design, just a comment on the execution. I get paid for my design work, but my offer of help is free and all I want is to help someone get better. Take it or leave it, I don't really care.

The image was posted on the team’s social media.

And their graphic design intern is Neil Patel. He’s a sophomore biochemical engineering major who does graphic design as a side hustle.

And we all get paid for our work (unless you’re a teacher, and then you get paid for half of your work), but if you’re going to critique the quality of the photoshop job, give us the better version. Take it or leave it, I don’t really care.

Reaction Score
The image was posted on the team’s social media.

And their graphic design intern is Neil Patel. He’s a sophomore biochemical engineering major who does graphic design as a side hustle.

And we all get paid for our work (unless you’re a teacher, and then you get paid for half of your work), but if you’re going to critique the quality of the photoshop job, give us the better version. Take it or leave it, I don’t really care.

Thanks for making sure Neil is getting the credit he deserves. Someone needed to do it, and I'm glad you did.

And if Neil wants some feedback, I'll be glad to help.

Reaction Score
I wish to clear something up here.

I made a comment about this graphic, based on the original post which is a copied version from an artist with no attribute given, nor link to original graphic. I have since looked at a few graphics created by the artist, Neil Patel, at his website. While I did not see this particular piece which I have been informed is his creation, his original images are of a good quality, and Mr. Patel does excellent work. This is not reflected in the quality of the copy posted here, which I criticized. I apologize to Mr. Patel, because his work is outstanding.

That said, if you are going to post a graphic from someone other than yourself, please be courteous and provide the name of the original artist as well as a link to the actual work. Maintaining the original quality/resolution of the actual artwork is important for enjoyment of the viewer as well as respect for the artist who created it. There is no excuse for presenting a piece of artwork in a format that is less than or degrades what the artist strived so hard to create. I understand the excitement of sharing something, but please also recognize the importance of the true beauty and not just a lesser representation.

Again, I apologize to Mr. Patel. Good on you for this piece.

Also, as I offered in my comments, I am open to helping anyone who wishes to improve the quality of their graphic work. No cost, no obligation. Just because.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I appreciate the effort here, but this is a very bad photoshop effort (if that's the program used). Regardless of the program used, it's really, really bad.
I really like the composition though.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice with Paige doing a Maria Conlon but Amari got shorted. ;)

Reaction Score
Interesting take on the current squad.
Since it's not an actual photo, I'll make allowances for the design.
Hopefully, when they cut down the net and get the trophy in April, there will be a superior
official team photo. :D

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ok, some of us think the pic is great in idea, yet poor in execution.
specifically,
can the viewer even see cw's left hand gesture? no.
is that a mini husky, cuz the superimposed image basically only comes up to the knees of those standing. the whole dog image stinks.
the edges on the distant peaks are too muddy, and the image would be far better served having a natural and crystal clear photo of snowcapped mountains, like this?
8.jpg

and bump up the white of the unis for impact. the whole image, mebbe intentionally but visually challenging, suffers from an overdose of bluing.
nice message, but possibly lost on the viewer.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
ok, some of us think the pic is great in idea, yet poor in execution.
specifically,
can the viewer even see cw's left hand gesture? no.
is that a mini husky, cuz the superimposed image basically only comes up to the knees of those standing. the whole dog image stinks.
the edges on the distant peaks are too muddy, and the image would be far better served having a natural and crystal clear photo of snowcapped mountains, like this?
8.jpg

and bump up the white of the unis for impact. the whole image, mebbe intentionally but visually challenging, suffers from an overdose of bluing.
nice message, but possibly lost on the viewer.

I'd love to see your take on it!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think it's fantastic. I can't speak to the quality or whatever - it's not my area of expertise. @Biff constantly blows my mind with his incredible Photoshop graphics skills. He did one years ago when I lived back in San Diego and I posted about being worried about something with the team at that time.

So he Photoshoped me on the ledge of an overpass - he said something like "step back from the ledge". It was awesome.

At any rate, I bet if any of the team members saw it, they'd think it was great too. It's fun and different, and I think a great heading would be something like "Get Frosty, UCONN!!" :D

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'd love to see your take on it!
thank you, but i know nothing more than what my eyes tell me, and so i agree with that poster who said 'great idea, poor execution.' i was just repeating what i saw.

also, id be a lousy choice to design anything for the team as id put breanna in everything. even something as simple as a no parking, or no trespassing, UConn themed sign - it would have a pic of her and the words 'becuz breanna sez so!' lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom