Team Photo | The Boneyard

Team Photo

Reaction Score
D9249737-313E-4119-A0F9-EAFE84F0C628.jpeg

Reaction Score
So Piath is not 6’7” good to know. Jamelle was just trying to give the peanut gallery something to talk about when she said that.

The difference in how strong Liv looks here to her freshman year is very noticeable to me.

Aubrey really does look so athletic, no one else on the team comes close. It reminds me of Gabby’s years at UConn.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So Piath is not 6’7” good to know. Jamelle was just trying to give the peanut gallery something to talk about when she said that.

The difference in how strong Liv looks here to her freshman year is very noticeable to me.

Aubrey really does look so athletic, no else on the team comes close. It reminds me of Gabby’s years at UConn.
Well, if Piath is 6’7 then Liv looks to be around 6’8”..... ;) I agree completely that Liv looks fantastic. She’s filled out her frame, appearing to gain a significant amount of muscle in her arms and shoulders.

Aubrey will likely get the start at forward to begin the season, but Aaliyah is going to be pushing her all year. The game on Saturday can’t get here soon enough.

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
Paige also looks stronger.
Paige indeed looks stronger . Her arms are not skinny looking as they did in HS.
And Autumn has gained a pound or 2 as well. Don't tell me those are muscles in her calves?

Reaction Score
For those who would appreciate a caption...

Bottom Row (l-r): Mir McLean (#11), Paige Bueckers (#5), Evina Westbrook (#22), Geno Auriemma, Christyn Williams (#13), Nika Muhl (#10), Autumn Chassion (#2)

Top Row: Chris Dailey, Assoc. Head Coach, Aubrey Griffin (#44), Aaliyah Edwards (#3), Olivia Nelson-Ododa (#20), Piath Gabriel (#32), Anna Makurat (#24), Jamelle Elliott, Asst. Coach, Shea Ralph, Asst. Coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes Liv looks much bigger than last year and I'm surprised at Nika's size. I feel like her film showed a smaller player but she looks about Sue Bird size. Anna also looke a legit 6' 2". Not sure what they were thinking with her stats last year. Maybe a mess up of centimeters to hartley unit conversion.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Paige indeed looks stronger . Her arms are not skinny looking as they did in HS.
And Autumn has gained a pound or 2 as well. Don't tell me those are muscles in her calves?
Autumn looks like Liv could put her a snack cracker and eat her. It is all a matter of perspective though. I think Autumn is like 5'8". Hardly as tiny as she appears.

Last edited:

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Each year going forward whenever UConn takes their annual team photo, the Huskies should invite Bria Hartley to be part of the picture so that she can serve as kind of a measurement scale......... :rolleyes:
They have an official HU measurement full size cutout available for team height certification. You just can't see it just off picture....
teamphoto2020.jpg

Reaction Score
Impressive that you can estimate down to 0.5" from that picture.:rolleyes:

To make this height estimations official, every UConn team photo should come with a Bria Hartley cutout next to Chris Dailey.

Reaction Score
Let the height discussions begin.
Height is important and it’s certainly nice to see several players towering over Jamelle. Now if they can be nearly as tough as she was the Huskies will be in excellent shape. No doubt she’ll be trying to instill that toughness in this group.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Some semi-random thoughts:

--It's a great looking bunch of people and coaches.

--Love the uniforms.

--Mir will usually win the smile contest. It's in her genes.

--I'll be interested in seeing how much Autumn bulks up over 3+ years. She's rather slight, but reportedly a knock-down shooter.

--Liv appears to be about 6'6". Other than her, the official heights for the back row look accurate.

--Paige looks close to 6'0", Evina's height.

--Paige's arms are bigger than I remember. So are Liv's!

--I think Nika has been listed at 5'9" and 5'10". In this photo, she looks taller than Christyn, who is 5'11".

--I miss seeing "Guns" Dangerfield, but she's off in a different world now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bueckers has broader shoulders than Westbrook and sits at the same height.

We'll have to try and get a view of the team lined up for a pre-game anthem. They always line up by true height.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom