Team leader | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My issue is with people who don't know a fact asserting that something is a fact.
I am not sure any of the conversations on the board were who "is" statements of fact, as much as, who "will be" type of comments and observations based on the various sources of info available. Nor that they were anything but on the court.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think CD has been struggling with turnovers. I think playing the three games in a row was a little too much for her physically and mentally. She did some things I don't think she would normally ever would have done. I'm guessing Geno was taking some pressure off her.
The struggle with turnovers really occurred mostly the last two games. Before that she had 2, 1, 2, 0. Those are not bad figures, especially, for a kid back on the floor in competition after over a year. It seems to coincide with her movement off the point than prior to it or in the last two games because of it. It is very possible it had to do with the fatigue of three days in a row. Maybe Geno, also, wanted explore ways to maximize Caroline's minutes under that three day load.

Reaction Score
No problem at all with Caroline's leadership, whatever it amounts to. I'm not slighting it, because I don't know what it is.

My issue is with people who don't know a fact asserting that something is a fact.

That includes journalists. They don't know who the leader is either, UNLESS someone on the team let's them know who the leader is. Even then, it's probable that the team members may not entirely agree on that issue.

If there are BYers who have talked to the kids and would be kind enough or feel it would be OK to pass alone the inside info, that would be great. Because, without that source, no one here really knows the true poop.

IMO, and as was pointed out by PacoSwede's original post, the team decides who is the leader on the floor.

Coach A can't determine for the team who is the team leader. While I hope Coach A is being truthful. I suspect that he may also be trying to jack up Stef's confidence, given the difficult schedule in the near future.

I recall that KML, sometime during the summer, stated that Bria was the leader on the floor.

From what I have seen so far, Bria is doing the heavy lifting in bring the ball up-court and being the 3rd leading scorer. (A few BYs may recall that, not too long ago, I suggested CDs might be better suited to play the 2 spot, given that she is still recovery from her injuries.)

Peace,

John Fryer

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Paco's original post said nothing about on the floor.

Reaction Score
It is so much fun to read these posts. I wish I knew as much as you all do. Enjoy the team with a little less analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom