Team has chance with healthy Jalen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team has chance with healthy Jalen

Reaction Score
Who has really improved to the point where they will make a difference? Asking for a friend.
I think Sid, Polley, and even brendan adams to an extent have all improved with Jalen out. Drastically? No. But they have improved. Is it enough to win the cconference tourney? Probably not, but whats the harm in hope?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just stop with this nonsense. The Jalen Apologistas are a sad sad bunch
Jalen apologistas?
He's a good kid who stuck with the program for 4 years and gives us 18 ppg. He has flaws, and evidently and understandably has lost some interest in basketball.
But he's our most prolific scorer since Shabazz and we'd be in an even much worse position these past 4 years without him. There has been a lot wrong these past 4 years and Jalen has certainly been frustrating to watch at times, but he doesn't deserve the extent of the bashing he has gotten by many on this board.
Anyone who hates on Jalen Adams or cant wait until he leaves is a spoiled UConn fan who doesn't understand what has gone on with this program recently.

Reaction Score
Jalen apologistas?
He's a good kid who stuck with the program for 4 years and gives us 18 ppg. He has flaws, and evidently and understandably has lost some interest in basketball.
But he's our most prolific scorer since Shabazz and we'd be in an even much worse position these past 4 years without him. There has been a lot wrong these past 4 years and Jalen has certainly been frustrating to watch at times, but he doesn't deserve the extent of the bashing he has gotten by many on this board.
Anyone who hates on Jalen Adams or cant wait until he leaves is a spoiled UConn fan who doesn't understand what has gone on with this program recently.

Where was he going to go? Transfer and graduate at age 24 from some other G5 program? Or would he have been better off leaving early and putting his Euro career on the fast track...

The finality of his college career never seemed to hit him. It's probably a combination of the previous leadership and enablers that failed to keep him grounded. with the injury it's basically over now at the college level. He's a talented player but he isn't the cornerstone to a program that people make him out to be. I'd rather someone with less talent, but more heart and leadership that makes the whole better than one individual player. he legit never showed that. If you think letting him play for his own stat line and not the culture saved some face for the program you're crazy. that's the very reason we're still in the hole. you don't fix this with the Band-Aid of Jalen doing w/e tf he wants to grab you a couple wins here and there.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
To paraphrase AI- We talkin bout this season, this season.

C

Chief00

I think Sid Wilson has stepped up IMO. Not all that consistently (he practically disappeared against Cincy), but he has definitely shown signs of life. What we have heard too is his improvement in practice and leadership. Vital has kept chugging along. He's been the most consistent of the bunch. Can't say much about Al he missed a bunch of those games. Cobb has shown some signs of life. Carlton has been rebounding better (still doesn't play big enough. We need a two hand jammer down there). Polley has had a couple nice offense games.

Have they improved, who's to say? They have shown flashes. It just hurts not having Jalen's scoring ability.

While he played well last game, CV was also benched for part of the game due to unspecified reasons.

Reaction Score
Arent we building ourselves up to a letdown?? Why are we even talking about Jalen playing in the AAC tournament

He has a serious injury doesn't he

Reaction Score
I think Sid, Polley, and even brendan adams to an extent have all improved with Jalen out. Drastically? No. But they have improved. Is it enough to win the cconference tourney? Probably not, but whats the harm in hope?
I agree. Jalen is a talent, but I'm not sure this team is better with him. there is something about jalen's game that doesn't translate to making those around him better.

Reaction Score
Jalen back for senior night?

They said Diarra would be ready to go in January.

Reaction Score
Jalen back for senior night?

They said Diarra would be ready to go in January.

Diarra is my one that got away :(

As for Jalen - the man didn’t leave the ship when it was sinking. He made it clear he wanted to cement his legacy. If he gets cleared to come back it should be on his terms. As far as I’m conserned this team is just as much Jalens as it is Hurley’s with all the crap he’s put up with for 4 years. What a terrible ending it would be if he couldn’t lace em up for at least 1 more game.

Edit: do I think we have a chance with him or without him? Team roll call has half the team injured. If Hurley and co. Can make the NIT it would be very impressive. Making the Tournament would be unfathomable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jalen is not some knight in shining armor that will guide us to the promised land.

He is who he is and we are what our record says we are. It’s going to take luck and a lot of focused play to get us playing in a post season tourney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom