Team has chance with healthy Jalen | The Boneyard

Team has chance with healthy Jalen

Reaction Score
There is no reason to not look at the potential upside of any season.

It really SUCKKKKSSSS! that Jalen got hurt. He was our guy and we were SUPER competitive with him!

If he can come back HEALTHY--we can beat anyone one game in our on league tourney. And thats my hope taking it game by game!

Never ever give up--look to the top!

Reaction Score
We lost to South Florida and Tulsa with Jalen and Gilbert healthy.

We can beat anyone in one game, but we'd have to win several of those one games to make the NCAAs (or maybe even NIT).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I like our chances against Cincinnati in a third game this season, if we can win the first two rounds to get to them. It’s hard to beat any halfway decent team three times in a season.

The question is whether the halfway decent version of our team shows up for the majority of the game.

Reaction Score
I don't think we're anymore competitive with him than we are without him. We're 13-10 with a healthy Jalen.

We just have serious offensive deficiencies without him.

Reaction Score
Unlike the last few seasons, this team fully healthy can beat any team in the conference on a good day. I’d love either the 7 or 10 second and then have a third crack at Cincy in the second round.

Reaction Score
We weren't beating any of the good teams before Jalen got hurt. To think that is going to change after he returns is just silly. I hope we win a few more games. That is realistic. Anything beyond that is house money.

Reaction Score
I think what’s being lost here is that the supporting cast has been forced to improve with Jalen out. Jalen would be coming back to better players than he left. Could make a difference could not. But the OP isn’t crazy in his point

C

Chief00

I think what’s being lost here is that the supporting cast has been forced to improve with Jalen out. Jalen would be coming back to better players than he left. Could make a difference could not. But the OP isn’t crazy in his point
First, I hope you are right. Second, who on the supporting cast has improved since Jalen went down?

Reaction Score
Just stop with this nonsense. The Jalen Apologistas are a sad sad bunch

Reaction Score
This team has not gotten hot in 3 full seasons, I think we are due for a few wins against mediocre AAC teams

Reaction Score
Who has really improved to the point where they will make a difference? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
First, I hope you are right. Second, who on the supporting cast has improved since Jalen went down?
I think Sid Wilson has stepped up IMO. Not all that consistently (he practically disappeared against Cincy), but he has definitely shown signs of life. What we have heard too is his improvement in practice and leadership. Vital has kept chugging along. He's been the most consistent of the bunch. Can't say much about Al he missed a bunch of those games. Cobb has shown some signs of life. Carlton has been rebounding better (still doesn't play big enough. We need a two hand jammer down there). Polley has had a couple nice offense games.

Have they improved, who's to say? They have shown flashes. It just hurts not having Jalen's scoring ability.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I don't think we're anymore competitive with him than we are without him. We're 13-10 with a healthy Jalen.
And 0-4 (really 0-5 unless you insist on counting the 6 minutes or so he was in against Temple) without him. Suggesting that 0-4 is not less competitive than 13-10 is... well, it ain't bright.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom