Team goals for next season: What Hurley and Huskies are chasing in 2023-24 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team goals for next season: What Hurley and Huskies are chasing in 2023-24

Reaction Score
Up until last season, Duke had only won the ACC regular season one time since 2006. Regular season conference titles are borderline meaningless as long as you keep finishing top 3/4ish and having good conference tournament/NCAAT success.
Conference championships are for bragging rights, and there are a lot of people in the UConn universe that love to brag :)

Reaction Score
Slow time of the year for news on the team but Borges wrote an article about goals for next season.

Last season, Hurley stated that the team had four goals: win the Phil Knight Invitational, win the Big East regular-season championship, win the Big East Tournament title and win the NCAA Tournament title. The Huskies "only" accomplished two of those goals. Next season, they will be gearing for more.

Here's what to look for:

By the way, The New Haven Register has blocked access to 12ft ladder, Printer Friendly & pdf and Webpage archive. Are there other websites to try to get around a paywall?
UConn has two lottery picks in castle and clingan— will not have that in season identity issue like last year. We have great floor spacing athletic young premium back ups. Depth galore size experience in unit 1
As long as we stay healthy we’re a serious no contender again. I think clingan can replace some of what sanogo gave us with inside scoring— which is the premium question mark— how to replace as

Reaction Score
The team knows how to win consistently now, especially in meaningful games. I think we will see more consistency.

Reaction Score
I'm old school and would love us to be the BE Champion again.

Reaction Score
He grew more than any players did...
And he revealed after the championship game what's driven him to be so vocal and combative as he lifted three teams from mediocrity to great success.............he had to prove he was up to his family's achievements in the sport and those of previous UConn coaches.
It all came out when he very emotionally said, "we got ours".
I expect we'll see some of that combative and competitive nature in the future but it'll be toned down because he knows he knows how to win and doesn't have to drive so hard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom