Team Fall Activity | The Boneyard

Team Fall Activity

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why do they zoom in the instagram version? The twitter version always lets you see what’s happening.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Why do they zoom in the instagram version? The twitter version always lets you see what’s happening.
Didn’t even notice this as I usually see it on Instagram. It’s probably because the ratio for videos on Instagram is super strict. That’s a great catch.

With that in mind if I find a video I’m going to grab the Twitter version because you do see a lot more.

Reaction Score
I don't think its that they are zooming. For lack of a better way to explain, I think they are cropping the video to use in portrait when it was filmed in landscape.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
As someone has said before, the Facebook videos of these are better because it shows a wider angle.

We talked about Twitter before and when I checked it wasn’t there at the time.

Going to Facebook may be a little too much for me lmao

Here’s the Twitter version of it. Posted 6 minutes after my post. I guess Instagram is the first priority for the social team.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think McNeeley has a little Cam in him. Someone may have already made that analogy but this guys loses it because he misses a three in practice.

I know it supposed to look good but man we do look very athletic. The coaching staff is going to have a lot of options and leverage on how the allocate minutes.

This may end up being the most position-less team in the country. Other than Reed and Samson every one of these players can handle the ball. Stewart with the hook pass to the corner hitting the spot up shooter in transition. Sweet.

Not sure if it was just because he was mic-ed up but love seeing Ball show some leadership skills.

Diarra
Mahaney
Ball
Nowell

Have we ever had four guards on the same team this talented.

Reaction Score
I think McNeeley has a little Cam in him. Someone may have already made that analogy but this guys loses it because he misses a three in practice.
Hurley was the first to mention it. Then some of the beat writers have used it. McNeeley has mentioned it too.

"I think the fans are going to love him," Hurley predicted. "I think he's got some of that fire that Cam brought to the locker room, to the group. I think he's going to bring that nasty villain that opposing fanbases will find him to be. An acceptable villain. Because when he hits his shots, when his team is going to win the game, he's going to let people know. He's going to play with that kind of confidence and flair."

Why freshman Liam McNeeley will be UConn fan favorite, 'acceptable villain' for opposing fans

“He's wired different, obviously,” Hurley said Friday, as the Huskies wrapped up summer workouts, set to reconvene in a few weeks. “You’re talking about a fourth generation college basketball player, a great basketball family. Any time you deal with that, you’re getting a serious individual coming into your program, for very serious reasons. He displays that. And the team needs that. The team needs a player with those attributes and the fire and a little bit of nastiness and competitiveness.”

Think Cam Spencer, who could extend defenses as an elite 3-point shooter and drive everyone in the road gym crazy for the maniacal way he approached the game.

“He’s got an edge to him,” Hurley said. “He’s just what we needed, based on what we lost.”

Why Dan Hurley loves the 'edge' freshman Liam McNeeley brings to the UConn men's basketball team

“I can see myself being similar to a couple of the guys,” McNeeley said. “Cam Spencer, definitely, his shooting and his intensity. I feel like I can be versatile like Steph Castle, he was a good freshman who did what the coach asked, and that’s what I’m trying to do, too. I have a lot of confidence in myself, but I also have the coaches to put me in the right position to help the team.”

UConn basketball fans are going to love this guy

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Loved seeing some of Balls passing skills feeding it to Singare (not one of our most skilled bigs) on a pick and roll for a score. Also looked pretty good setting up Liam for the 3.

Thing that impressed me the most was his convo with Liam after he missed. That’s real leadership skills and a guard who’s trying to make guys around him better. Great way to instill confidence in a freshman from a veteran and also let him know that he’ll keep looking for him and trusts him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Loved seeing some of Balls passing skills feeding it to Singare (not one of our most skilled bigs) on a pick and roll for a score. Also looked pretty good setting up Liam for the 3.

Thing that impressed me the most was his convo with Liam after he missed. That’s real leadership skills and a guard who’s trying to make guys around him better. Great way to instill confidence in a freshman from a veteran and also let him know that he’ll keep looking for him and trusts him.
Still every make for him in that video was a spot up 3. The pass was nice, but I'm still hesitant to assume a huge leap on ball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Still every make for him in that video was a spot up 3. The pass was nice, but I'm still hesitant to assume a huge leap on ball.
I mean, every single practice report points out Ball as someone who stands out. Borges, Jon Rothstein, the open practice, Tom Moore pointed him out, and he’s 2nd as far as the summer workout standings the staff gives out.

I’m not sure how much more evidence people need at this point to start buying Solo stock.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I mean, every single practice report points out Ball as someone who stands out. Borges, Jon Rothstein, the open practice, Tom Moore pointed him out, and he’s 2nd as far as the summer workout standings the staff gives out.

I’m not sure how much more evidence people need at this point to start buying Solo stock.
Standing out doesn’t mean he’s working primarily on ball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Standing out doesn’t mean he’s working primarily on ball.
Oh I read you post wrong. When I read on ball I thought you meant on Solo Ball not on “the ball” lmao.

We’ll see how he looks on ball. I personally think he’ll look just fine and like the average guard. Feel like his on ball issues are so overblown.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Have you seen the stock thread? We’re not great stock pickers outside of blue chips.

That said, I’m optimistic that Ball is going to make a nice jump with more playing time. Last year there wasn’t a lot of room for him bc our rotation was an unstoppable rebel force.

Reaction Score
Has Fall practice started?
UConn can start practicing tomorrow (September 25) but they may wait until this Friday for the start of official practices. I'm guessing Friday since the media is probably invited and would know by now if they were going tomorrow.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Have you seen the stock thread? We’re not great stock pickers outside of blue chips.

That said, I’m optimistic that Ball is going to make a nice jump with more playing time. Last year there wasn’t a lot of room for him bc our rotation was an unstoppable rebel force.
I’ve followed advice one time from that thread and decided to do my own research after that lol

Feel like I never have luck following anyone’s recommendation on stocks that isn’t official like Motley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom