Team consensus "nasty": Alexa on Paige's return on ESPN.com | The Boneyard

Team consensus "nasty": Alexa on Paige's return on ESPN.com

Reaction Score
UConn's Paige Bueckers is back; what does it mean for the Huskies?

UConn has grown tremendously since first losing Bueckers, but there's no question that having her on the floor, even if she's not playing at the level she was last season, will still be a net positive. The margin of error against the likes of No. 1 South Carolina and second-ranked Stanford, however, might just get slimmer the further Bueckers is from her typical self.

If you ask the team, though, the sky's the limit for the Huskies come March.

"We're going to be a nasty team with everyone healthy," Fudd said after UConn took down Tennessee earlier this month.

"Nasty," Westbrook added. "Just nasty."

Reaction Score
I do not believe they will be in the same bracket
The NCAA will directly or indirectly see to that…

Reaction Score
I do not believe they will be in the same bracket
The NCAA will directly or indirectly see to that…
I agree, I said the same thing elsewhere but I wanted to dramatize the potential mindset of each team if and when they do meet, especially if it has to be a regional final (as improbable as that may be). Getting healthy, surviving the travails of the season and the team becoming whole at the right time with Paige the player who can quickly reintegrate, the last one into the fold......they will welcome all comers!

Reaction Score

One thing I don't exactly understand right now is what exactly is our grade. I mean we're not yet "Nasty" so are we "Nasty minus" or "Nasty plus" at the moment? Is the progress like other grades? C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, A+, nasty-, nasty, nasty+ ? Or does "nasty" go in the other direction where Nasty+ is not quite nasty yet and Nasty- is even beyond normal nasty?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
One thing I don't exactly understand right now is what exactly is our grade. I mean we're not yet "Nasty" so are we "Nasty minus" or "Nasty plus" at the moment? Is the progress like other grades? C-, C, C+, B-, B, B+, A-, A, A+, nasty-, nasty, nasty+ ? Or does "nasty" go in the other direction where Nasty+ is not quite nasty yet and Nasty- is even beyond normal nasty?

How about "abrasive edges"? Or maybe in Liv's case "sharp elbows."

Reaction Score
In a trial, a Vermonter is on the stand. The lawyer starts him out with an easy question. "Have you lived in Vermont your whole life?"

Answer: "Not yet."
Hilarious!

Reaction Score
The lawyer, most of them are pompous A's anyway.
Unlike some, I appreciate referees and lawyers (I'm neither). For some reason, though, I thought you might enjoy this.

A CEO travels to a distant and unfamiliar port on business. One afternoon when meetings adjourned unexpectedly early, the exec decides to get some fresh air and takes a stroll toward the city docks. Several blocks from the hotel is a dusty, musty establishment selling antiques. Curious, the CEO wanders in. The superannuated proprietor permits the visitor several minutes of undisturbed browsing before approaching and initiating the following conversation.

Owner: Afternoon, see anything you like?
CEO: I was looking at that brass rat over there. How much is it?
Owner: Are you interested in just the rat, or do you want the rat and the story?
CEO: What's the difference?
Owner: Just the rat is $50 but the rat and the story is $1050.
CEO: Just the rat will be fine.

Outside, newly purchased metallic rodent cradled in elbow crook like a running back, the CEO continues to stroll. It was exactly two paces when the most peculiar sensation passed through the CEO resulting in a bumper crop of goose bumps. Every bodily hair stood at attention. As if in a trance, the CEO turned around. A real rat was following.

The perambulation continued as did the odd feeling. The CEO took a second peek. Two rats. The CEO increased the pace before glancing back again. Four rats. Another increase in speed. Eight rats. Faster and faster went the CEO. More and more rats followed until the business leader was sprinting across a dock with every rat in the city in pursuit.

At the last moment, just before tumbling into the sea, the CEO jumped up, wrapped one arm around a light stanchion and flung the rat as far as possible into the harbor. All the rats jumped off the pier, swam out the where the brass icon had disappeared, and swam around and around until all had drowned.

Weary and bewildered, the CEO climbed down the light post and trudged back up the hill to the antiques shop where the proprietor was just closing up for the day. Seeing the customer return, the owner unlocked the door and reinitiated the conversation.

Owner: I see you've come back for the story.
CEO: Actually, I was wondering if you had any brass lawyers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom