Team back @ practice… | The Boneyard

Team back @ practice…

Reaction Score
Mora reminds me of a few back in the day that could instill discipline and at the same time rather than resent have players love him for it.
His technique is beyond anything we have seen since going D1. Yes RE1 did get us to D1 relevance but he had the personalty of a foot ball.
Jim has defiantly brought a family atmosphere to the UConn football team. This along with enjoying multiple other sports while living close to the campus. Hope he is here for my duration of football days and beyond. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mora reminds me of a few back in the day that could instill discipline and at the same time rather than resent have players love him for it.
His technique is beyond anything we have seen since going D1. Yes RE1 did get us to D1 relevance but he had the personalty of a foot ball.
Jim has defiantly brought a family atmosphere to the UConn football team. This along with enjoying multiple other sports while living close to the campus. Hope he is here for my duration of football days and beyond. ;)
Love that Mora walked up to the balls that was a foot behind that penalty kick line and just looked at it until the player moved it back.

Reaction Score
yeah those (mostly) good kids and those NFL draft picks were dreadful. He got himself in trouble all the time... except he didn't.
Edsall's personality wasn't an issue during Edsall 1.0. He was younger and UConn football was heading to a BCS conference. During Edsall 2.0, the program needed an energetic personality to turn around the program and for when UConn went independent. The program needed to be marketed. That was not Edsall's personality.

One thing about Edsall 1.0 and 2.0 is that he had an eye for under the radar talent which really helped this year's team.

Reaction Score
Assuming we get a bowl, I hope we use the practice time to work on the passing game and throw the ball at least 40 times. Not at all likely to happen, but if Marion and Ross are available it would be interesting to see what ZT can do with our top receivers on the field.

Reaction Score
Assuming we get a bowl, I hope we use the practice time to work on the passing game and throw the ball at least 40 times. Not at all likely to happen, but if Marion and Ross are available it would be interesting to see what ZT can do with our top receivers on the field.
Some earlier insight…

Alternate access link here <<

-> After closing its regular season 6-6 with a loss at Army, the UConn football team has three long weeks to wait before learning its fate on bowl selection day Dec. 4. As an independent, there are positives in that the players, coaches too, get time to rest and spend Thanksgiving with their families, but the uncertainty of receiving a bowl bid is “a little discombobulating,” Mora said Sunday. The team will return for a meeting and practice next Monday morning, Nov. 28, in hopes of a 13th game to cap off a season of first-in-a-whiles, checked boxes.<-

->Once the Huskies return to Storrs, there will be a focus on boosting mental toughness – something Mora said the Huskies struggled with in terms of self-inflicted wounds, seven false start penalties the most glaring.

Practices leading up to the potential bowl game will be intense and challenging, intended to make players uncomfortable. “Challenging them to be better, in terms of locking down on the snap count – we can do drills where we’re moving the defensive line around, making them hang in there,” Mora said. “We can also do things to adjust our cadence, now that’s not a mental toughness thing, but that’s a coaching thing where we can adjust our cadence and give ourselves a little more of a chance to not have those negative plays.” <-

->“This will just be football,” Mora said. “And I think it’s really important for us to have these days and should we get a bowl game, then you’re able to kind of split up your time as you lead up to the bowl between time that you really want to work on just your stuff and gameplan specific things that you want to do. So it can be a big boost to our program. “We would certainly use the time wisely to not only prepare for the game we’re playing, but also prepare for the future.”<-

Reaction Score
Edsall's personality wasn't an issue during Edsall 1.0. He was younger and UConn football was heading to a BCS conference. During Edsall 2.0, the program needed an energetic personality to turn around the program and for when UConn went independent. The program needed to be marketed. That was not Edsall's personality.

One thing about Edsall 1.0 and 2.0 is that he had an eye for under the radar talent which really helped this year's team.
I'll give Edsall credit, he definitely left some talent on the roster for Mora. His problem was he was still in the pre-Maryland mindset at UConn. He just was too old school for modern college FB.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hard for me to give Edsall credit for anything. His negatives were much higher than his positives. He even left like a bum, announcing his retirement without talking to the AD first.

Reaction Score
Edsall was like all of us. Good points and bad. His ability to project the upside of high school offensive linemen was remarkable. He was fair to good head coach. But his tendency to blame players and his adversion to the media hurt the program.

Reaction Score
You guys just can’t help yourselves… only here can a thread about a team beginning practice for a bowl game get hi-jacked into an Edsall thread
My guess is we're so dumbfounded with how JM leads the team compared to RE that the pure joy of that realization makes some look back at the RE days as a means of measuring the progress.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You guys just can’t help yourselves… only here can a thread about a team beginning practice for a bowl game get hi-jacked into an Edsall thread
Grief doen't disappear overnight judgemental one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom