Team at Connecticut Children's Hospital | The Boneyard

Team at Connecticut Children's Hospital

Reaction Score
"It means a lot for us just going out and just trying to brighten up people's days. They're battling through stuff that we can't imagine," Karaban said. "Just to come in here and really put a smile on their face is the most important thing. That's what we want to do as basketball players, just outside of basketball, just really help kids out and make their days better."

Alternate access:

UConn men's basketball team visits Connecticut Children's Cancer Center: 'So inspirational for us'

Reaction Score
CCMC is wonderful beyond what most can imagine. As a father that spent hundreds of days there and received unbelievable care for my daughter… keep them in mind if you have an opportunity to give.

The ICU floors are full of incredible caregivers … they are so caring that I felt comfortable leaving my daughter and stealing some time at work or back home with my family. To see so many kids hooked up to so much support - with so many parents having to choose between home, work, seeing their other children or simply taking a break - is absolutely heartbreaking. Those folks in the ICU and the step-down floors make a big difference.

Unfortunately I also spent weeks in the CCMC palliative care unit. The respect, support and love that they showed my daughter Natalie and my family could never be forgotten. Never.

To see our program reaching out and brightening a few days is awesome. Great job coach, family and players.

The greater Hartford community is fortunate to have such a great hospital. If you ever have the chance to support CCMC, do it.

Peace.

Reaction Score
CCMC is wonderful beyond what most can imagine. As a father that spent hundreds of days there and received unbelievable care for my daughter… keep them in mind if you have an opportunity to give.

The ICU floors are full of incredible caregivers … they are so caring that I felt comfortable leaving my daughter and stealing some time at work or back home with my family. To see so many kids hooked up to so much support - with so many parents having to choose between home, work, seeing their other children or simply taking a break - is absolutely heartbreaking. Those folks in the ICU and the step-down floors make a big difference.

Unfortunately I also spent weeks in the CCMC palliative care unit. The respect, support and love that they showed my daughter Natalie and my family could never be forgotten. Never.

To see our program reaching out and brightening a few days is awesome. Great job coach, family and players.

The greater Hartford community is fortunate to have such a great hospital. If you ever have the chance to support CCMC, do it.

Peace.

I hope your family is doing well, man, from the bottom of my heart.

Reaction Score
This is absolutely wonderful. Great job UConn.

In a somewhat related note, I received a letter today from the UCONN Foundation asking for donations to help kids pay for a UConn education. Between that letter and CCMC and other childrens' hospitals, the whole NIL discussion just pales.

Reaction Score
I see that video and it reinforces my belief in how crucial Diarra is to the squad. It is impossible without access to the locker room to know who the leaders are but from what I see, Hassan personifies the joy of being part of the team and sacrificing for the greater good.

Reaction Score
"One of the best experiences I've had because I just love seeing all the UConn players it's just so fun to hang out with them. And just walk around with them, to color with them, dance with them. It just takes my mind off everything I have to go through," said Daniella, a patient at Connecticut Children's.

Reaction Score

Peace.
Thanks for sharing this!

As someone who has spent a lot time visiting my mom at the hospital throughout the last two weeks, a lot of my gratitude has been shared and sent to people in the medical field, especially at hospitals.

This whole thread is warming my heart.

Reaction Score
Biggest win of the year for these Huskies! As a parent I can't imagine what these parents are going through. I'm sure in these dark times for them its a little light seeing their kids smile.

Reaction Score

Peace.
Thank you for sharing your story. You and your Family are unbelievably strong and brave to have been through that experience.

From a different perspective re:CCMC (Hartford Hospital location). My wife and our Yellow Lab Ranger were the first certified animal assisted therapy team allowed into CCMC to work with patients/their families/and the medical staff on a variety of different treatment programs. Too many fantastic stories with great results to mention . They were a dedicated volunteer team who loved working with the children. From a volunteer's perspective--It's a world class facility with creative and innovative therapies and medical staff.

I am grateful to the UConn MBB Program for providing the team with the opportunity to interact with the CCMC community and the kids. It's life changing.

May you and your Family find peace and good health in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom