Teaira McCowan to Baylor? | The Boneyard

Teaira McCowan to Baylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
That's the chatter. I think she didn't want to take a chance that Brown would grab the last scholly before she could. I wanted Brown but this is tremendous news. Her upside is tremendous.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lots of skepticism on the Baylor board. Thinking that this is a fake tweet.

Reaction Score
Lots of skepticism on the Baylor board. Thinking that this is a fake tweet.
Some thinking it was done by either a LadyVol or Texas A&M fan to sway Ms. Brown from Baylor, who most considered a heavy lean for Baylor!

Reaction Score
I'm sure Kim Mulkey knows if K. Brown is coming to Baylor or not.
She is announcing tomorrow.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, it's the signing period. I suspect we'll know one way or the other pretty soon.

I'm sure they'll score someone here late. Mulkey drives me nuts to watch but it's impressive the way that she just keeps that program ticking over.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Find it interesting that they appear to be at 15 scholarships already for next year. The quantity over quality issue can become a problem quickly - spreads the coaching staff awfully thin to have a 14-15 player roster and puts limits on practice time as well - either you create two paths within your team or you end up not giving the best players enough time. It is hard to also be confronted with seriously good recruits that may be interested but for whom you do not have scholarships available. Injuries can be an issue with too small a team, but overcrowding isn't good either.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Find it interesting that they appear to be at 15 scholarships already for next year. The quantity over quality issue can become a problem quickly - spreads the coaching staff awfully thin to have a 14-15 player roster and puts limits on practice time as well - either you create two paths within your team or you end up not giving the best players enough time. It is hard to also be confronted with seriously good recruits that may be interested but for whom you do not have scholarships available. Injuries can be an issue with too small a team, but overcrowding isn't good either.
Someone will transfer - Hard to maintain a team of 15 if you are an elite program...

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Welcome to the board Kim, what is Makenzie up to these days?

"Well, DC, she's doing OK. Kinda has me puzzled, though. Every time she touches anything - grazes the door jam walking from room to room, slightly bumps her toe on a piece of furniture or a dog toy on the floor - she screams loudly, flops to the floor, and sits up, groaning, saying "what! no whistle!". I think maybe I did too good a job, teaching "Basketball Flopping for Dummies"!":D

Reaction Score
Good for her . How will that affect Kalani Brown's decision coming tomorrow? Her finaly list is Baylor, A&M and Tenn.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Well, it's the signing period. I suspect we'll know one way or the other pretty soon.

I'm sure they'll score someone here late. Mulkey drives me nuts to watch but it's impressive the way that she just keeps that program ticking over.

I am amazed that Kim can pull any talent to Waco. I just can't imagine a player touring the city and saying "Wow, this is a great place to spend four years." It speaks volumes to Kim's ability to recruit.

And I find Kim quite amusing to watch. She is anything but boring.

Reaction Score
As of now, there is no confirmation of a McGown commitment to Baylor on their
site. If she had signed a LOI, I would think there would have been an official
announcement from Baylor. As you know, the school can't comment until a
LOI is signed. Maybe McGown is going there if Brown decides on TAM or UT.

Reaction Score
Baylor should be pretty good next year. They add 4 freshman, plus Jones from Duke - returning players include Small, Johnson, Prince, Wallace, Cave, Wright, and others.... sure there will be attrition, as well as plenty of competition for playing time

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I am amazed that Kim can pull any talent to Waco. I just can't imagine a player touring the city and saying "Wow, this is a great place to spend four years." It speaks volumes to Kim's ability to recruit.

Well, when you are across town from the Branch Davidians you begin to look liberal.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

Don't forget her "dead reptiles" fashion ensemble from the Tanya Tucker collection...:eek:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
As of now, there is no confirmation of a McGown commitment to Baylor on their
site. If she had signed a LOI, I would think there would have been an official
announcement from Baylor. As you know, the school can't comment until a
LOI is signed. Maybe McGown is going there if Brown decides on TAM or UT.

McGown is what Mickey D wears to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul