OT: - Teachers for Guatemala | The Boneyard

OT: Teachers for Guatemala

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Trolling for teachers. My wife and I are involved with a small (72 students), private, non-profit High School/Jr. High here in Panajachel, in the Central Highlands of Guatemala. We are beginning our search for some teachers for next year, including definitely science and social studies, and possibly linguistics, ESL, English and other disciplines. The disadvantage of the positions is a low pay scale. The advantages are low living costs, a location on the banks of one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, Lake Atitlan, a chance to work with kids who are polite, well-behaved and anxious to learn and the opportunity to learn Spanish by daily contact with Spanish speakers. The types of people who would be well suited to our school are primarily young people who adaptable and adventurous and would like the opportunity of broadening their horizons and the adventure of teaching in a totally different environment, and retired teachers who love to teach and would find teaching our kids a rewarding experience. Some ability in Spanish would be helpful, but is not necessary, as our classes are taught in English. If any of you know anyone who might be interested, please pm me and I will be happy to give you my contact information. For a little more information about the school, you can google Panajachel Colegio Internacional

Reaction Score
The school looks interesting, and the teachers seem fascinating. It is not hard to pick you out on the board. The picture is a dead give away! My wife and I will be in Nicaragua visiting elementary schools during the first week of April. It is our first trip to Central America.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yes, my avatar is one of the minor classics of the Biffworks, although, if you can believe it, some nullpates take it for a dog!! ! If you think you might want to extend your trip to Guatemala, give me a holler.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Thanks a lot for letting me post this. I have gotten two good responses already! Guate is by no means God's country, but it has its charms; beautiful scenery, friendly people and low cost of living. Very good place to retire.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
The school looks interesting, and the teachers seem fascinating. It is not hard to pick you out on the board. The picture is a dead give away! My wife and I will be in Nicaragua visiting elementary schools during the first week of April. It is our first trip to Central America.

Oh, you meant the Board of Trustees! Yup, I am the one in the UConn cap. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom