2023 Recruiting: - Taylor Bol Bowen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Taylor Bol Bowen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

-> “They have really nice facilities, there’s a lot to like about it,” he told Hearst Connecticut Media on Tuesday. “I just enjoyed my visit there.”

Bowen, who scored 18 points at the XL Center a few weeks ago in the inaugural “Splash Day” event, said he talks to new UConn assistant coach Luke Murray more often than just about any other coach. His goal is to play in the NBA someday, and the coaching staff has preached to him that they can help him get there.

“They’ve said that they could grow my game tremendously and make me an NBA-type player, for sure,” Bowen said. “Come in there and work and get to it, more than anything. That’s what I’m looking for the most, a school that will put me to work and develop my game, because I know I have the intangibles and tools to get to where I want to. But it’s gonna come down to working to get what I want.” <-

-> Bowen has attracted interest from other Big East schools like Marquette and Providence, as well as, Kentucky, Arkansas and Rutgers. An A-minus/B-plus student at St. George’s, he’ll likely start hearing from Ivy League schools soon, too. But Bowen’s not ready to make a decision, or even narrow down his list of potential schools yet. Not yet. Not even close. He’s not even planning any more visits any time soon. <-

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We've also been associated with

#5 Mackenzie Mgbako
#12 Simeon Wilcher
#17 Justin Edwards
#32 Jeremy Fears
#36 Isaiah Miranda
#52 TJ Powers
#54 Scotty Middleton

Reid Ducharme not on there. Neither is Castle.

On some really great talent early this year.
I’m not buying that Castle isn’t a top 60 player in the class based on what I’ve seen

Reaction Score
It's great to be associated with so many great forwards, some who might even play two guard, but we've won championships with great leadership and skill at the point.
Am I overlooking from whence that will come in the next several years or just looking for any negative because it just doesn't seem possible to have so many great players coming in?

Reaction Score
It's great to be associated with so many great forwards, some who might even play two guard, but we've won championships with great leadership and skill at the point.
Am I overlooking from whence that will come in the next several years or just looking for any negative because it just doesn't seem possible to have so many great players coming in?
3B73AA35-AE7E-486B-829A-20726F27E426.jpeg

Reaction Score

Post/handle fail!

Reaction Score
To recap, we got both of our co-priorities in for an unofficial visit on the same day? I'm thinking this staff has a clue.
Not exactly. DH just learned of these players by reading the fan board Syracusefan.com. He is just now starting to build a relationship with them.

You know Dan. He lets others do the hard work of recruiting and he swoops in at the end to close the deal. .
[sarcasm]

Someone actually said that. Hard to tell if they were serious or not.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not exactly. DH just learned of these players by reading the fan board Syracusefan.com. He is just now starting to build a relationship with them.

You know Dan. He lets others do the hard work of recruiting and he swoops in at the end to close the deal. .
[sarcasm]

After seeing the hype on the SU MBB message board he decided it was a good time to start brainwashing

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Any way we get an early commitment here? Feels like we have a lot of momentum.

Reaction Score

[sarcasm]

If that fan thought this through, they'd realize they just argued that UConn is so much better positioned than Cuse, that Hurley can just swoop in and steal players from them. As if we were Kentucky or UNC.

They just can't help but embarrass themselves over there.

Reaction Score
I assume if Luke Murray was 'in' to visit Bowen this morning, that means Murray was visiting Brewster. I assume the report would have specified a home visit if that is where he was 'in' to visit him. That would mean we were likely also keeping close contact with Buzelis and Ducharme as well, since we are recruiting 60% of the starting 5. Does anybody know if this is correct?

Reaction Score
I assume if Luke Murray was 'in' to visit Bowen this morning, that means Murray was visiting Brewster. I assume the report would have specified a home visit if that is where he was 'in' to visit him. That would mean we were likely also keeping close contact with Buzelis and Ducharme as well, since we are recruiting 60% of the starting 5. Does anybody know if this is correct?
Yeah I saw someone else tweet that they were visiting Brewster, so not just for TBB I would imagine

Reaction Score
Borges' recent article upcoming MBB dates mentioned First Night, and I can't wait to see if the staff can get TBB there.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I'd prefer he go through the whole recruiting process and make sure Storrs is 100% the right place for him, personally.
Agreed, just asking if it was a possibility.

Reaction Score
Agreed, just asking if it was a possibility.
I’d prefer a commitment sooner than later and I have confidence the staff can keep him on board

Reaction Score
If that fan thought this through, they'd realize they just argued that UConn is so much better positioned than Cuse, that Hurley can just swoop in and steal players from them. As if we were Kentucky or UNC.

They just can't help but embarrass themselves over there.
Nailed it!

Reaction Score
Luke is just showing the Brewster coach who the Big Dog is with TBB. .Marking his turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom