Taxpayer Investment | The Boneyard

Taxpayer Investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

The taxpayer has footed much of the bill for The Rent, the Football facilities, etc...........with the narrative we had to do that to protect our basketball investment and legacy. While conceptually this was a good argument - due to our lack of smart/effective leadership - things did not play out as advertised.

Given that it is repulsive to hear Herbst/Manuel lecture the fans to be patient after numerous missteps, that Tulane is actually a rival, that we are in a great place, etc, Suzy lectured the other Big East Presidents at her first meeting in such an obnoxious manner rather than becoming a member of the club, she became someone no one wants to cut deals with. And that is a huge problem for our taxpayer investment.

If it was all about football Cuse wouldn't be in the ACC, so don't kid yourself - other things are at play.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
... Suzy lectured the other Big East Presidents at her first meeting in such an obnoxious manner rather than becoming a member of the club, she became someone no one wants to cut deals with.
I know it sucks to hear about Tulane etc. But would you care to provide sources for the claim you made above?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He doesn't have any - it's one of those narratives this clown dreams up and beats to death over a period of years.

Reaction Score
What a surprise, Chief with a post bashing Herbst - haven't heard that one before.

Reaction Score
She and Warde are lost, arguably as bad as hires as imaginable.

But from a taxpayer perspective, I can hardly think the Rent is at the top of the list of wasteful spending. How about the $300mm convention center, or virtually every state employee.

I know it sucks to hear about Tulane etc. But would you care to provide sources for the claim you made above?

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
UConn will compete with Memphis or the basketball title next year, will win the women's title and is actually in the running for the football title.

It's really the only thing under UConn control and the only positive outcome of all this. Wins will sell tickets.

Reaction Score

But from a taxpayer perspective, I can hardly think the Rent is at the top of the list of wasteful spending. How about the $300mm convention center, or virtually every state employee.

1. Herbst and Manuel are as bad hires as possible.
2. Virtually every state employee is a waste of money.

The voice of reason.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
1. Herbst and Manuel are as bad hires as possible.
2. Virtually every state employee is a waste of money.

The voice of reason.

Herbst and Manuel are state employees. How could it turn out any differently? In bizzaro CT it means bonus time!

RS9999X

Reaction Score
If Warde Manuel, SusanHerbst or Mike Aresco were God.....

BizarroWorld1.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Oh oh oh...I can play this game too! How about the bus route that will connect the pimps in New Britain with their hoes in Hartford?? I'm all for making it easier for pimps and hoes to connect, but couldn't they have done that for $500M cheaper?

Reaction Score
Or any of these new Malloy programs, where if you promise to being like 3 jobs to the state in the next 10 years we'll give you a credit of 25x any actual tax revenues we could ever get from these people.

The new Jackson lab for like $400 mm to use Union employees to fund biotech research makes sense. I'm sure this will be a good move and lead to many breakthroughs funding this long term. Haha. Doubtful and 15 years before we'll ever know and millions more in unfounded pension liabilities.

O
Oh oh oh...I can play this game too! How about the bus route that will connect the pimps in New Britain with their hoes in Hartford?? I'm all for making it easier for pimps and hoes to connect, but couldn't they have done that for $500M cheaper?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm sure someone has an example, but the Busline is the most wasteful spending I can ever remember. It has done a nice job of INCREASING traffic for my commutes by shutting down roads and pushing everyone to one on ramp.

Reaction Score
I'm sure someone has an example, but the Busline is the most wasteful spending I can ever remember. It has done a nice job of INCREASING traffic for my commutes by shutting down roads and pushing everyone to one on ramp.
Aside from the $500 million up front this boondoggle will cost additional millions annually until the reality that it wasn't worth it. One good thing, once that happens, we'll have the most expensive bike trail in the country!

Reaction Score

*cough*busway*cough*

Reaction Score
Or any of these new Malloy programs, where if you promise to being like 3 jobs to the state in the next 10 years we'll give you a credit of 25x any actual tax revenues we could ever get from these people.

The new Jackson lab for like $400 mm to use Union employees to fund biotech research makes sense. I'm sure this will be a good move and lead to many breakthroughs funding this long term. Haha. Doubtful and 15 years before we'll ever know and millions more in unfounded pension liabilities.

O

http://cnse.albany.edu/WorldClassResources/CNSEAlbanyNanoTechComplex.aspx

http://www.bizjournals.com/albany/stories/2010/04/19/daily46.html?page=all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members