Taurasi's Razzle Dazzle | The Boneyard

Taurasi's Razzle Dazzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just uploaded this video. Taurasi had a tough game (and the incompetent refs didn't help either), but this play was pretty impressive:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Not a huge fan of the women's game, simply isn't as fast or explosive as the men's game. But I do respect greatness like Diana and Maya. Great pass by Taurasi there, even if it probably was unnecessary

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
What separates Diana from just about every other female basketball player in the world are her court vision and ability to see plays develop two or three passes before they actually do. There are some things you cannot teach, to be sure, and she has an innate ability, but she maximizes that ability in such a way that the casual sports fan can do nothing but sit back in awe.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What separates Diana from just about every other female basketball player in the world are her court vision and ability to see plays develop two or three passes before they actually do. There are some things you cannot teach, to be sure, and she has an innate ability, but she maximizes that ability in such a way that the casual sports fan can do nothing but sit back in awe.
now if she would just cut out all the "other" stuff.. everything would be all gravy

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, yes, Daddy, but then she wouldn't be DT.

Reaction Score
now if she would just cut out all the "other" stuff.. everything would be all gravy
agreed Daddy. her constant whining about the officials is really getting old. and the cheap shot foul on katie smith was way over the line. the best players just don't pull that stuff. with this attitude of hers, it's not surprising that she gets heckled around the league, even in connecticut. most of the very best players in any sport tend to conduct themselves well on the court or field . most of the best athletes find a way to play with great intensity without acting like a punk( or punket). excuse me Daddy if i've gone beyond what you term as "other stuff".

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
agreed Daddy. her constant whining about the officials is really getting old. and the cheap shot foul on katie smith was way over the line. the best players just don't pull that stuff. with this attitude of hers, it's not surprising that she gets heckled around the league, even in connecticut. most of the very best players in any sport tend to conduct themselves well on the court or field . most of the best athletes find a way to play with great intensity without acting like a punk( or punket). excuse me Daddy if i've gone beyond what you term as "other stuff".

Yeah, because we all know that Lisa Leslie, Lauren Jackson, Katie Smith, etc. would never go there...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, because we all know that Lisa Leslie, Lauren Jackson, Katie Smith, etc. would never go there...

LOL. You mean they're not church girls???

I'm probably alone in this, but DT's extras don't bother me in the least.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
LOL. You mean they're not church girls???

I'm probably alone in this, but DT's extras don't bother me in the least.
I know she's YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRS removed from UConn but she is sort of the face of UConn WBB and it doesnt look good on the program. "Our Girls" are known for improving AFTER UConn not getting worse!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I know she's YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRS removed from UConn but she is sort of the face of UConn WBB and it doesnt look good on the program. "Our Girls" are known for improving AFTER UConn not getting worse!

True, true. I'm just a D backer through and through. Plus I have a high tolerance level for things in sports. I certainly don't look fondly on DT's antics, but it doesn't cut me up inside. The thing I don't like about it is that it is showing a little chink in the armor there. Can't have that D!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think she's the greatest ever and thats the problemI have... her legacy will only show that she's a "She's was an awesome player at UConn but she a foul-mouth, dirty player who whines about everything". (not to mention the DUI & scandal incident).

who wants all that extra stuff in their bio.

(and personally I didnt care for Sue that much but DT made me realize how upstanding she is, Go Sue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom