Taurasi adds to her GOAT legacy | The Boneyard

Taurasi adds to her GOAT legacy

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
AF9AEAE7-1F64-4948-A56E-CEE7E752006E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Taurasi will be subpar for a few games (per her standard) and then have a vintage performance that reminds you how good she is.

Reaction Score
How lucky have we been seeing so many extremely great players run through college over 4 years? I can remember when Taurasi (DT )1st committed - I believe it was Mel Fortner that attacked her. And at the time reading some comments from Tennessee fans that they were more concerned with Ashley Battle.

Heck, I think even Jim Calhoun made a comment about her. A good one of course.

Reaction Score
I remember during Diana's freshman year, I was at a game at the Civic Center, sitting next to an elderly woman and her know-it-all husband. Towards the end of the game, I heard him remark to her "that Taurasi - she's nothing. Just a lot of hype."

I'll always remember those words.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
LOL. No doubt the same Tennessee fans who said Angie Bjorklund would be better than Maya Moore.
Never mind Maya, Bjorklund wasn't even remotely close to being the best player out of Washington in that class--that distinction goes to Courtney Vandersloot.

Reaction Score
LOL. No doubt the same Tennessee fans who said Angie Bjorklund would be better than Maya Moore.
I recall that either just before draft night of Taurasi's (DT) sr year or on draft night that "The Round Mound of Rebound", Charles Barkley, so confidently claimed that Alana Beard should be chosen over DT.

This just highlights a flaw in the thought process of "talent" and "ratings" that we sometime are subjected to when it's mentioned that one player iis better than the other because that player can "more easily break down the defender one-on-one."

Taurasi could not break down defenders better than Beard, but who was greater?

Maya could not break down defenders better than Angel, but who was greater?

How great was Sue Bird isolating and breaking down defenders? What about Stewart when on the perimeter?

But have them all catch a pass in a motion offense, then they become incredibly lethal. DT is so damn lethal to this day and it's got nothing to do with isolation basketball.

Reaction Score
How lucky have we been seeing so many extremely great players run through college over 4 years? I can remember when Taurasi (DT )1st committed - I believe it was Mel Fortner that attacked her. And at the time reading some comments from Tennessee fans that they were more concerned with Ashley Battle.

Heck, I think even Jim Calhoun made a comment about her. A good one of course.
Tennessee claims that their player was the #1 player out HS... Which one was it.. Ashley Robinson, or someone else... but they claimed she was better than DT... lol.... and that one year when Alana Beard won a Player of the Year award... what a joke.

Oh and it is Nell.. not Mel.....

Reaction Score
Oh and Tamika Williams was a #1 player and was before Taurasi.... I cannot recall how high up Sales was when she was recruited.......

Reaction Score
Wow, didn't realize that. Oh, and she was hit with a flagrant 2, after kicking Fowles in the groin the other night.

Reaction Score
As a Vanderbilt alum and supporter of all their programs, can you possibly imagine living in Tennessee and having to listen to these delusional ut fans all year for every sport??? It’s hard to fathom and I’m afraid it has made me a worse human by having such distasteful feelings for anything orange. I had almost given up on our WBB program ever regaining relevance until Shea was hired…they are so enjoyable to watch and when she gets the talent she wants, watch out! I’ve always been a huge Geno fan and the precision in which his teams play and, of course, became a huge fan when he began beating the orange on a regular basis! I had great respect for Pat Summit, but despised the manner in which she controlled the officiating in the SEC. Looking forward to the Huskies and their championship form beginning another run this year and hoping, one day, we will be there with you!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom