Tate George Back In Court For Fraud Sentencing | The Boneyard

Tate George Back In Court For Fraud Sentencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2016/01/20/tate-george-back-in-court-for-fraud-sentencing/

Sentencing hearing is today...

Former NBA player and University of Connecticut star Tate George is in federal court in New Jersey for a sentencing hearing on fraud charges connected to an alleged Ponzi scheme.

Wednesday’s hearing in Trenton is a continuation of a series of hearings that began in December.

George, who played for New Jersey and Milwaukee in the NBA, has been jailed since his 2013 conviction on four counts of wire fraud. He’s contesting how much money investors lost.

Whatever the judge determines could affect the length of George’s sentence. Each fraud count carries a maximum 20-year sentence, but George is likely to face far less time. Prosecutors contend he persuaded people, including NBA players, to invest in his company but used their money to pay off earlier investors.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tate is nuts... writing fake character reference letter and sending them to the court/judge

Court Article

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Tate is nuts... writing fake character reference letter and sending them to the court/judge

Court Article

OMG, that's just not going to help him

The judge can only conclude he hasn't changed, he hasn't learned his lesson, he's still willing to commit fraud

Reaction Score
He looks like Papa Klump. Fortunately, prison food will help him get back down to playing weight.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He looks like Papa Klump. Fortunately, prison food will help him get back down to playing weight.
Just the opposite - like college cafeteria it's full of fats (and I dont know from experience!)
Anyway, I like TG but if he fugged up - he pays the piper

Reaction Score
Just the opposite - like college cafeteria it's full of fats (and I dont know from experience!)
Anyway, I like TG but if he fugged up - he pays the piper

Yeah sure you don't;) It's ok gtcam, things happen.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Former NBA player and UConn star Tate George on Thursday addressed prosecutors’ allegations he lied to a federal judge when he sent her fake letters from character witnesses praising him as an upstanding businessman sullied by allegations he ran a real estate Ponzi scheme. Tate, a college basketball icon remembered for sinking a game-winning shot against Clemson in the 1990 NCAA tournament, sounded somewhat defeated when he asked U.S. District Court Judge Mary Cooper to reject prosecutors’ argument he lied repeatedly to jurors at his trial and to her during his six-day sentencing. “You were never duped,” George said. “You were never lied to. You were never misled by me.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom