Tarin Smith will bring 'The Hurley Way' to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith will bring 'The Hurley Way' to UConn

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They seem to be statistical clones of each other. If you read the article you are hoping for more than Antoine from Smith and I hope that proves true. We need a reliable 3 point shooter and these numbers are frankly not good. Good defenders are always a plus.

Even though his numbers are similar to Anderson's coming in, the X factor will be coaching. He will be held accountable for his performance by Hurley. Anderson never was due to the lack of depth at guard and Ollie's insistence about running the three guard lineup.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Many have referred to AA as basically a bust and busted on KO for bringing someone in from A10 with vanilla stats
T Smith seems like a great kid and I am pleased he wants to be a member of the UConn team, but to me, this is AA Part II
AA had some good games at UConn, I hope we see the same and more from Smith!

Let's compare:

A Anderson: T Smith

MPG 25.5 25.0
FG% .413 .408
3P% .329 .329
FT% .679 .648
REB 1.8 2.7
Asst 2.75 2.3
STL 1.2 0.9
TO 2.26 1.7
PPG 8.00 8.50

Both played in the A10 and both were used in basically the same manner.

Tarin is a better defender and more athletic. Also, as the article says, it looks like he's a leader.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Even though his numbers are similar to Anderson's coming in, the X factor will be coaching. He will be held accountable for his performance by Hurley. Anderson never was due to the lack of depth at guard and Ollie's insistence about running the three guard lineup.

AA didn't really have anything to be accountable for. He just wasn't that talented. But he got the most out of his abilities.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Tarin is a better defender and more athletic. Also, as the article says, it looks like he's a leader.
A light years better defender.

Reaction Score
They seem to be statistical clones of each other. If you read the article you are hoping for more than Antoine from Smith and I hope that proves true. We need a reliable 3 point shooter and these numbers are frankly not good. Good defenders are always a plus.
AA was asked to do more than was originally thought especially when Gilbert went down. Plus lack of shooters caused him to be bigger part of the offense. He was the 4th leading scorer. I think the pressure of being the 3rd or 4th option in a tiny lineup caused that mid season slump.
Let’s hope Smith only has to be a role player because it means failure of better options.
I don’t think JA missed a game last year because of injury, some of that credit should go to AA for getting him time off the ball. If Smith can run the point , make FT s in the clutch , and not turn over the ball over every other contribution is gravy.

Reaction Score
It seems Hurley is all about basketball, coaching and player/team development.

Sounds like a HOF coach we had.

How can that not produce winning results?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom